Bag/Backpack for Phantom

djidan said:
You could fit in some speedo's and a pair of sandles if your travelling. :cool:

I would say there was still a bit of room down the sides and the base, and consider that in the pictures I have placed all the equipment I need for FPV, as well as the Phantom itself. There is also a front compartment for those odds and sods.

Still can't get over the value for money of this bag. The quality is excellent!

Thanks, still a bit in doubt between the vanguard. Also because you said the laptop won't fit in this bag. It does, however, seems to fit the phantom better in height then the vanguard.

depwraith said:
Wangta said:
depwraith said:
This cost me $60 and about 30 minutes of time...

Looks nice - where did you get the foam? It looks like Amazon is out of stock.

If you can't find it locally, just google search for foam packing sheets.

Yeah I did - however, the shipping is just as much as the foam! $45 shipped for Kaizen foam!

Wangta said:
depwraith said:
Wangta said:
depwraith said:
This cost me $60 and about 30 minutes of time...

Looks nice - where did you get the foam? It looks like Amazon is out of stock.

If you can't find it locally, just google search for foam packing sheets.

Yeah I did - however, the shipping is just as much as the foam! $45 shipped for Kaizen foam!

Try www.foambymail.com

Well my Fancier Bag arrived this morning...im absolutely falbbergasted how quick it arrived!!! I ordered yesterday about fish....and it arrived 1st thing this morning when Ebay said it was due on tuesday because of bank holidays!! What a refreshing ebay experience!! Anyways more about the bag haha looks perfect for our phantoms!! Really good quality bag in comparison to our expensive DLSR bags at work. Cant fault the quality of it!! I didnt expect the bag to be here so didnt bring my phantom to work typical haha I will try and get some photos later :D. Thanks to DjiDan for the heads up and being a ginnue pig haha

All sounding good, I hope my mr postman has something for me today as well, I ordered it yesterday too.

I have just got my P2V+ as well and with it being marginally taller I hope it still fits well. Will update :)

Meluk said:
All sounding good, I hope my mr postman has something for me today as well, I ordered it yesterday too.

I have just got my P2V+ as well and with it being marginally taller I hope it still fits well. Will update :)

Fingers crossed fella!! I really like the look of the P2 Vision+ but went the GoPro route hoping i made the right choice ha.

Lowepro 450 Backpack for Phantom

Long before I bought a Phantom, I bought a LowePro 450 for travel with a very large 300mm f2.8 lens. Now I'm using it every day for the Phantom. I used it for an 8-hour hike where I fit in a DSLR, 2 liter bottle, and extras -- after using it as my carry-on with laptop etc. -- dual use!!! I could use the laptop sleeve for other accessories I'm sure -- launch pad? I now have a Rotorpixel gimbal on, and it still fits fine -- just haven't re-shot the photos since I got it installed.

20140329-FullPack_008-L.jpg

As shown in the photo, I put the Phantom in upside down. That keeps the weight closer to my back. There are pockets for extra props, spare phone battery etc. I put caps on the motor threads (made from broken props) to protect threads and backpack.

20140329-cutpropsall_004-L.jpg

I found the backpack on my local Craigslist. I'm sure there are lots of them floating around, so you don't have to pay retail.

I wonder if anyone thought of using a food delivery bag as a backpack.

Hahaha. I actually was about to go this way but I kinda wanted the "tactical" looking backpack.

Pizza-delivery-bag-for-backpack-Keep-food-hot-fast-food-delivery-boxes-delivery-bag-Heat-Insulated.jpg_350x350.jpgp

Re: Bag/Backpack for Phantom - ThinkTank Streetwalker

I sacrificed one of my camera bags for the Phantom 2 :) It is a ThinkTank Streetwalker. It looks messy but worked very well for my need.

Attachments

• Phantom-ThinkTankStreetwalker.jpg
    Phantom-ThinkTankStreetwalker.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,108
Thought I'd show the worlds cheapest Phantom Backpack. This is not intended for travel. Its designed for hiking or mountain biking. For those on a budget you can pick up an inexpensive backpack at Target, Walmart or a thrift shop. The possibilities are endless but the YouTube video linked might give you a few ideas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STt4bfkqTG0

Attachments

• backpacksmall.jpg
    backpacksmall.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,057
I have a Props Protector for carrying the Phantom with a backpack. take a look.
you can see it on my youtube videos also.

Attachments

• Prop Protector with Backpack.jpg
    Prop Protector with Backpack.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Prop Protector.jpg
    Prop Protector.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,088
Milton Amaya said:

With a zenmuse might bounce around ALOT. During a hike no?

AlTiTuDe06 said:
Milton Amaya said:

With a zenmuse might bounce around ALOT. During a hike no?

YUP. I used to carry mine around like that...the gimbal rubber isolators ended up detatching from the mounting plate..and the gimbal fell on the ground behind me! I have since zip tied my pltes together, but still - not very friendly to the gimbal to carry it this way.

the prop protector is a good idea though.
maybe make it in a different configuration for those who keep their props on and in the "X" position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl