Bag/Backpack for Phantom

Reaction score
So I'm looking for some sort of backpack or bag for the phantom I could use while hiking up to areas to fly. I know you can get some very nice hard cases but they are not suitable for strapping to my back and hiking for hours :)

Anyone got any ideas or links to bags that might do the job? Ideally it would allow the phantom to sit inside with some protection along with the transmitter/batteries/GoPro etc. If it could be in the bag with the props on that's a bonus but not 100 percent necessary.

I haven't tried with the phantom - but with my old quad (draganfly 4), I had a large backpack that had a clip on the back. I had the remote/parts in the bag and just clipped the quad behind it..

Phantoms compact enough that it should work as well as long as you're careful not to bump it too much...

Retroman said:
So I'm looking for some sort of backpack or bag for the phantom I could use while hiking up to areas to fly. I know you can get some very nice hard cases but they are not suitable for strapping to my back and hiking for hours :)

Anyone got any ideas or links to bags that might do the job? Ideally it would allow the phantom to sit inside with some protection along with the transmitter/batteries/GoPro etc. If it could be in the bag with the props on that's a bonus but not 100 percent necessary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I backpack into remote spots with the Phantom stuck on a conventional backpack that has a strecthy holder (for a bike helmet?) that I secure the quad. Extra batteries, transmitter, regular camera, tripod, and I'm good to go.

Thanks guys.
But I'd really like the Phantom to be inside a bag rather than on the outside. So strapping it to a bag isn't really what I want (I'm in Ireland and we are having great weather at the moment but rain is never too far away :D ). I might look into some of the larger DSLR type backpacks and see if I can mod one to work with the phantom.

Retroman, I pack my Phantom and related items into an ordinary plastic tote, one large enough to fit the quad with props mounted. I put the smaller items and batteries (in a lipo bag) on the bottom of the tote, then a thin layer of foam or soft clothing, and the Phantom on top. (There is still plenty of room, if needed, for more items under the Phantom.)

Once I've packed the tote I lash it to an empty backpack with a few adjustable straps, so that the Phantom is riding upright.

The tote is rain and dust proof, and doesn't hang up on branches when pushing through brush. When I'm ready to fly I use it as a launch pad.

I much prefer this method over packing the Phantom into a soft container, such as inside the backpack. Cheap and easy!

9425787640_da1cffee37_z.jpg

I just strap it to my backpack, used a tiny bungee cord to hold it vertically while the landing skids were buckled into the sides of the backpack, had to remove the props and gimbal too. Placed everything inside the backpack with 2 batteries and the radio..and prayed I didnt fall off the bike! :lol:

My solution is similar- a doubled back bungi cord attached to a pack that has three compartments: one for fresh batteries, the second for spent batteries, and the third for the controller and spare parts.

b9qGdlU.jpg

I'm also looking for a better way to carry my phantom to places. Anyone else found anything that's better than a strap on the backpack? Also, if that's the way to go, don't you have to take the props off as well every time? Is that even a good practise?

For carrying the Phantom,TX,batteries etc over a distance or rugged terrain,I have bought a Yellowstone DSLR backpack that all the gear fits into neatly and it has adjustable straps on the front of it for a tripod that hold the Phantom with skids and props attached.

file.php

file.php

file.php

Enough space for batteries,props under TX,ND filters,side pockets for FPV goggles and tools,top pocket for filter adapters and spare SD cards and more.
Cost about $65au.

Actually another problem why tying it to the back of the backpack is not viable for me is because I have the zenmuse installed...any other solutions?

Mine straps on with the Arris gimbal no problems.
I want to have someone make a drawstring bag to go around the Phantom.Making that from some water resistant material could be a good thing.

Does anyone know if it's safe to keep taking off and on those props when you tie it to the bag?

One guy in the Dji Vision Owners group on facebook has a backpack coming soon, depending on how it looks inside I will order for sure.
For me its also important that I can take the backpack as carry on onboard international flights.
988787_10201092701540432_281315840_n.jpg

A trappers pack basket will give it some protection but you'll still need to put in a plastic bag to keep it dry.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-15317

there are a few different backpacks for different case models. I dont own it personally but I did buy there plastic case that fits the phantom. It costs 40 bucks instead of the 200 that is advertised elsewhere for the precut phantom case. Only drawback is you have to cut your own molding, but to save 160 dollars I'll cut my own foam any day.

AndySwe said:
One guy in the Dji Vision Owners group on facebook has a backpack coming soon, depending on how it looks inside I will order for sure.
For me its also important that I can take the backpack as carry on onboard international flights.
988787_10201092701540432_281315840_n.jpg

This is pretty nice looking. It looks more comfortable than the RUC PAC setup for Pelican cases like I have. Im also interested in seeing the inside.

James

Are there any further details on the Advancedvision Studio back pack? it looks pretty good!

Some nice setups here. I'm looking for something similar to what the OP described. Putting the phantom on the outside would not work for me because I wouldn't want the gimbal exposed (a little too delicate for that I think). I already have a hard case with a soft divider for everything. What I've been keeping an eye out for is a BIGish backpack that would fit the hard case foam (I'd leave the outer hard case at home). So far no luck.

What about a camera backpack (soft case) that you fill with foam and then cut out a place for the phantom?
The problem is to find a backpack that big and won´t cost a fortune.

Depending on how you set you propellers but it must be abaout 29 x 53 x 20 cm

Any ideas? From china on ebay?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4