Bad quality after post processing

Reaction score
After I simply added a video (1080p50fps) in PowerDirector (Cyberlink) and render the video (for a test, to see the quality) I get a worse video.

See here (a frame) the output of the camera (without editing)
See here (a frame) the output of the post-processing (with editing)

Used settings see here. 1920x1080, 50fps, high quality, 44307 bitrate (max bitrate of the file from the camera).

When I check my output video file from the 4k camera. I get these info. Can I set this as a profile or something in PowerDirector?

What I'm doing wrong here?

Last edited:
After I simply added a video (1080p50fps) in PowerDirector (Cyberlink) and render the video (for a test, to see the quality) I get a worse video.

See here (a frame) the output of the camera (without editing)
See here (a frame) the output of the post-processing (with editing)

Used settings see here. 1920x1080, 50fps, high quality, 44307 bitrate (max bitrate of the file from the camera).

When I check my output video file from the 4k camera. I get these info. Can I set this as a profile or something in PowerDirector?

What I'm doing wrong here?

Not at my computer right now...w hat render mode.
The one under mpeg is the one to use...
I'll get back in a few

( Back) I use "HEVC" Option when you goto produce in Cyber Director 13 it comes out crystal clear.

Last edited:
Nikon, I would check your project and/or render settings... the frame capture you posted looks like interlacing artifacts or poor frame blending. Make sure you're project and render are set to progressive scan and outputting at 50P (if that's what you recorded in). Even outputting to 30P can cause artifacting if the software tries to blend the frames with an artificial motion blur effect to make the playback appear smoother at the reduced frame rate.

Last edited:
I checked my settings envisionabove, but I don't have a 1920x1080_50p setting (see screenshot).
This is so frustrating. Spent more than €80,- on that software but it won't work :(... I tried all profiles so far...

Here is one from me with Power Director 13
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I checked my settings envisionabove, but I don't have a 1920x1080_50p setting (see screenshot).
This is so frustrating. Spent more than €80,- on that software but it won't work :(... I tried all profiles so far...

Gotta goto work but you did not make a bad buy with power director...
My Sample vido I down sized to 30fps from 1380x1260 or what ever that setting was...
I have more video I'll go over in dif formats....
Later

I would check your project settings to make sure they're not set to 25P, as that may eliminate the option to output at the higher 50P frame rate. You want both your project and your output mode to be 50P. Admittedly, I am not very experienced with PowerDirector but I've worked in film production for almost a decade and these are the general things to look for if projects or renders begin exhibiting artifacts. I would be very surprised if PowerDirector does not support 50P considering many of the competition have moved on to supporting 4K output nowadays. Also check to make sure you are set up for PAL frame rates (25 & 50P) and not NTSC (24, 30 & 60P)... apparently that will directly affect what output frame rates are available. Good luck.

I recently found out you can create a custom output profile to match exactly what you need
A user over on the Cyberlink forum created this instructional video to help me with the lighthouse video I was creating

Originally I was having alot of lost details in waves in the water

Reactions: cnynctry
Found it! Timeline settings were set on 24 FPS, when actually 50 FPS video was imported.
Only thing now is that the original file slightly more sharper is than the export.
Anyone tips on how to sharpen that up ? (I already set +15 to sharping)?

Everything will degrade a little, you say slightly? You have been looking no doubt at all your testings. Send some to YouTube and let us have a peek. Maybe your asking to much from yourself.

Real glad your getting better with it.

Turn off sharpening. I've found that adding sharpening creates moire issues (jagged lines) on my footage, very much like the image you posted earlier. I'm guessing there is a lot of sharpening already added to the footage by the camera.

Thanks for all your help! Really guys!
I will post new video's on Vimeo soon ;) Not a high speed bandwidth here lol :p

Link to the video:
Pitty enough: Vimeo doesn't support 50fps, so they converted it.

Reactions: envisionabove
Your Being Very Hard on yourself....
The Videos look great on my full screen.
Toss them into the Share your videos thread in the forum here and ask for critiques.
Great work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers