Bad Interference While Flying

Reaction score
Hey now, the other day, I launched my p34k at my church, to go up and take a look at the roof, that had been leaking, it's a metal roof with a gable pitch. The entire building is metal and steel and there are several power lines within 20' of the front of the building where I was lunching. The building is about 45' tall. As I began to take off, my view screen on my tablet started scrabbling and flickering and as I tried to adjust the gimbal on the camera, it was unresponsive with a delay. Also when I would maneuver the craft, the response was delayed by about 8-10 seconds. My question is, has anyone else experienced this before, and if so, were you able to make any adjustments to correct the situation?

Hey now, the other day, I launched my p34k at my church, to go up and take a look at the roof, that had been leaking, it's a metal roof with a gable pitch. The entire building is metal and steel and there are several power lines within 20' of the front of the building where I was lunching. The building is about 45' tall. As I began to take off, my view screen on my tablet started scrabbling and flickering and as I tried to adjust the gimbal on the camera, it was unresponsive with a delay. Also when I would maneuver the craft, the response was delayed by about 8-10 seconds. My question is, has anyone else experienced this before, and if so, were you able to make any adjustments to correct the situation?
hello friend, when i use p3s, i repeatedly experience this. usually fpv screen freze without pictures and telemetry. immediately landed. restart aircraft. find another place to fly. it looks like the wifi network in that place is very very strong or conflict.

ps: sorry correct me if iam wrong. fly safe!

Has nothing to do with wi-fi, it is all the metal and the power lines causing the problems. You might try launching way away from the building and bringing it in from above the building but metal roofs and power lines create numerous problems with the signal between AC and the RC.

hello friend, when i use p3s, i repeatedly experience this. usually fpv screen freze without pictures and telemetry. immediately landed. restart aircraft. find another place to fly. it looks like the wifi network in that place is very very strong or conflict.

ps: sorry correct me if iam wrong. fly safe!

No, thank you my friend and thanks for the advice. I will say that I believe that there is strong electrical interference in that area. Next time I fly there, Im going to see if I can find a new launch spot away from the church, and then fly into that area and see if the interference is as strong. But if I experience any interference in that area again, I will restart the craft. Thanks again!

Check this out:
A metal roof is a perfect reflecting surface for radio waves and can cause the signal to be cancelled out when you're flying over it. Wifi isn't a problem unless nearby wifi is broadcasting on the same channel as your drone.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj