Bad day

Reaction score
Well, today is a day that I truly wished would never happen. I read this forum religiously every day and know what every good pilot should and should not do. Today I chose to do what I shouldn't do.
Here's my situation. I bought this drone in June with my wife's consent.(very surprisingly) I retire in December and was planning on doing some work with it. Now do to unwise flying I will have to replace it. I'm hoping to be able to do this without raising any alarms in my wife's money mind. Lol I live in Ontario and was wondering what a P4P aircraft only would cost me. Thanks for reading and any response.
20191105_171001.jpeg
20191105_171115.jpeg

Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
That’s a fairly impressive crash but at least you didn’t back your truck over it. You can salvage the motors and internal parts for future crashes. (They happen!) P4Ps are very good drones and since they’re out of production hold their value. $850 - $1200 around here in south Texas.

If all the expensive gubbins survived why not look for a new shell rather than a complete drone, or even an ex shop display model?
The latter for a P3 has all the bodywork but no internals. If the same things exist for P4's you already have a drone with which your can practise dismantling

Reactions: Terrycross

Others have mentioned the P4. Your 300F remote will fly the entire P4 line (V1), so if price is an issue, get a low cost P4. Everything else batteries etc. are the same. Good luck
Capt

Holy cow, hurts just looking at it. Yes there are some good deals for used ones out there, just be careful. Remember the old saying,,,if it sounds to good to be true then it probably isn’t. I’ve seen a couple on eBay from a vendor in Phoenix. I have bought numerous drones and parts from him. Has always been honest and fair prices.

You might try to see if State Farm insurance will cover your next drone. I have it here in the states, $67/yr...apparently not available in every state in the US.
I had State Farm in Florida for 35 years, then they packed up and left after a couple bigguns. State run Citizens insurance ever since but no drone policy.

DAAAAANG, it’s not a P4P but it’s a heckuva a deal for a one-flight P4S.

I want to say thanks to everyone's replies. I appreciate all the good advice and tips. Being in Canada I always have to take our dollar into account. Plus shipping. I've seen a couple of decent deals on P4Ps close to me. (Fairly) Here's a funny twist. My wife is having friends up for the weekend and I know she will tell me to pull the drone out to show them. Very little time. Lol Of course, my wife doesn't know.
Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31