bad day for me and my T1000 ironman

Reaction score
well, i have bad luck from beginning.

I crashed it few times (nothing too bad tho) and reason was cloned AMP Ardupilot.

Then, when i figured , that APM was cheap clone, i bought brand new Pixhawk. Must say, easy to install and worked out of the box.

I did save trim and auto tune. All end up great, so i decided to out on my retractable landing gear

Well, all looked well and worked on my working bench.

So, i took it for a spin and my second flight was disaster. When i lowered my retracts, multicopter lost control and crashed on the ground.

I couldn't believed, what it just happen. It was flying perfectly day ago. Then i realized, that crash was caused by retract servos. They draw so much current of my 5A BEC that APM board and Futaba receiver blackout.

here is my video from actual crash: http://youtu.be/1re5kn3h2nY

Oh my. That is terrible.

How much repair is it going to take? I piled my 810 in from about that high up and it tore up the landing gear (which was a blessing - the gear wasn't my favorite part of the machine) and destroyed four props. Everything else survived just fine, though. However, it looked like yours was headed for a concrete landing - mine landed in soft earth.

Edit: What was it you were saying in the video? I bet is wasn't pleasant. :lol:

Ouch! That was heartbreaking to see, and I agree with your assessment on cause.

As you're probably doing now, I always power my accessories off a separate BEC from the FC, RX and OPTO ESCs. I see guys trying to run high-power LEDs directly off their FCs and it makes me wince.

Hope you're back up and running soon.

well, i did just test flight. I was waiting for delivery of another BEC which arrived today ....

Anyway, it was my big mistake. Before i used the only one BEC on board, i had pluged separate battery to it. For unknown reason, i changed my mind and use that only BEC :)

My LEDs are also powered by separate battery (3 cell 1000mAh)

I will never mare that mistake in my life :)

I wish, i seen this video before i used my 5Amp BEC ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKB_i7S0UA

About damage...I know, landing looks terrible but only one boom broke off and center plate which was hoolding APM, receiver, GPS and batteries broke off. And of course, both retract servos broke too, but legs survived ;)

****!!!! I'm so sorry that happened. Hopefully it will be a quick and inexpensive repair.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OMG, that was terrible.
And I want to know that which kinds of retract will be better: servo control or motor control?

ok, damage was not so bad. Repairs costed me up to 100, but i had to redo both top plates, they were holding almost all equipment and redo all servo leads (i have them inside the booms). It was few hours job and now we back in business :)

What i learned is never feed servo motors from same BEC than your fly module or receiver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic