Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

will be checking ebay and craigslist during the day and night if I see anything come up will call the bat line

Wow I hate thieves. They are the scum of the Earth and deserve everything that will eventually happen to them. Karma is a *****...

I would never leave my bird in the tree knowing people saw it crash tho. I would give verbal directions/text message a pic of my location off of google maps.

Hopefully if mine crashes away from me and someone steals it, that they won't know what my trackimo is (wrapped in tape so not easy to see the name) and I will be able to track it for a few days.

Thanks Paul. I'm trying to find something.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm looking for you haven't found anything yet

So sorry to hear. Wow this makes me mad. Bad enough you crashed now to add insult to injury you were robbed of your property. I hope you get it back and they get what they deserved. Sometimes I wish life was like the movies. We get a posse of us Phantom guys together, track the bastard down, and get whats yours and a little payback. Just a fantasy but a nice one.

Reactions: Phantomfreak
that's what I said phantom lynch mob

Reactions: Phantomfreak
Sorry to hear Tony I will put a $100 Reward on every Hobby shop and wind surfing shop to who ever give you the #of that little Bastard, I will put sing in the spot surfer and wind surfer like their spot so they can be Locals, Good luck

Best bet is to sell the remote and accessories on CL or eBay and use money toward a full setup. Not too many birds without the remotes, it's all the other way around. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Pretty crappy, uncool move by surfer dude.

Hate to hear about it Tony and hope you get it back with no issues.

Isn't there a way to track the Phantom in case of something just as this? I mean it does have GPS. I understand once it is turned off there is no signal, but I have even tracked down my iPhone I once dropped while at the park with my son. Found it 6 miles away, I knocked on the door and some punk kid had completely reset everything and was already taking pictures with it. I was so angry but at the same time very glad to have gotten it back. So there must be a small tracker that can be remotely switched on and hidden under the shell. I'm going to look into it and will update this thread when I have some more info, first place to look, spy gear. I hope you get yours back brother.

Isn't there a way to track the Phantom in case of something just as this? I mean it does have GPS. I understand once it is turned off there is no signal, but I have even tracked down my iPhone I once dropped while at the park with my son. Found it 6 miles away, I knocked on the door and some punk kid had completely reset everything and was already taking pictures with it. I was so angry but at the same time very glad to have gotten it back. So there must be a small tracker that can be remotely switched on and hidden under the shell. I'm going to look into it and will update this thread when I have some more info, first place to look, spy gear. I hope you get yours back brother.

Edit: Apologies, I didn't fully read your post before responding. A third party device would indeed be the way to go for that kind of feature I think.
--------
It's one thing for a device to have a GPS receiver to keep track of its own location, but if you want to find said device remotely, it has to also be able to broadcast that location as well. Your phone has the hardware and software to broadcast globally, hence why you were able to track and find it. A Phantom just doesn't have that ability (it can transmit back to your RC at a limited range, but can't, for example, use cell networks like a phone). Even if it did have the technical ability, as soon as the bird is powered off, you're SOL.

Last edited:
Well that didn't take long, I'm buying one of these tonight. Never lose your drone again it states.Find Your Lost Drone - | Tile - Never Lose Your Keys, Wallet Or Anything Again

It's using Bluetooth LE so the distance is maxed out at 100 ft. So I'm not sure how it's going to track your drone beyond 100 ft.

I'm using TKStar TK109B with H2O Wireless SIM card ($10 for 3 months). So it needs to be in areas that have cell coverage but it works really well. Other trackers that are popular in this forum include: Trackimo, Marco Polo, TK102, RF-V16.
4557d2cd014650fd8990e716c4ab865a.jpg

Reactions: dreamgt
Yeah, I see now the Tile wouldn't work. Is there one that can be hidden under the shell, I wouldn't want one that could be seen.

I wonder if DJI can be of any assistance... They do make you register an account the first time you power up your drone and start the Go App. It probably transmits all drone info to DJI servers (like serial #, app info etc).. So the next time the thief turns on the aircraft, it would notify DJI, and possibly transmit location data over to them. Maybe its worth contacting them to see if they have some procedure in place for lost /stolen drones... Maybe contact their customer service and forward the police report to them. i know its a long shot but why not try, there is nothing to lose (except for time i guess). Since they've been hanging out with Apple a lot lately, they can learn a thing or two from them (like apple has that iphone deactivation feature when reported lost/stolen).

Actually the TILE could work in a situation like this. Once you report a tile missing anyone running the tile app that gets within bluetooth range will find it and report back the location. If the person did not notice it attached to the body it just might work. When the kid came out to sell it perhaps meeting at a Starbucks with a buyer the tile signal would be picked up and reported to you. Try one on your keys they are handy.

Reactions: LK8472

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31