Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

The kid probably took the FAA registration number off of it. But the P3P as well as the camera has a unique serial number and this number is on the P3P box. The remote number is also on the box and tony still has the remote. The big thing is getting the bird so you can prove it is yours.

The big thing is getting the bird so you can prove it is yours.
+1! If you can, get the CL seller to meet you somewhere and bring a cop (or cops) in case if the SN's match. Bring your box!

just to clear things up craigslist seller is not responding but after getting off the phone with tony I think he will get it back after the idiot thinks about what he did

Reactions: Oso and shorttimer
I am working based off of a lot assumption, but was your drone registered? If it was I'm assuming you had your license number on it. Was that number located in a concealed area on the drone? It is possible that he didn't see the marking and/or couldn't get it it off. I would recommend you include that number and it's location if you do file a report.
Yes. Registered. And yes concealed my faa number in battery terminal. Also on the side of bjrd. But it will be hard. Listen all. I contacted the instructor to the lite surfer school. And he has my number. Trying to give guy a chance to do right thing before I get police involved. They all know about it. One surfer even gave me their face book to post a comment. So I'm giving a day. After. I can move on. But too bad still. Police will take report over phone only. As I can't identify the actual surfers they were there yesterday. Only 1-2 guys. It was about 40 of them. And since no one is coming foward. The police will not just pull random people from
Crowd. My best friend is Pinellas county deputy. He said. Give them a chance first. Maybe Insurance will cover. I told him. I don't have insurance. Log well. I can't cry over it. I appreciate all the great advice and concern. I just will try and find used bird in mean time. I can find listing from guy on Craig's list now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just want to pass my condolences to you. Hope you get it back and get the sob for taking it. You are a very calm and nice man, I would be all kill the mofo. Good luck.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Any one know how I can just buy a bird. Without all the extra. Just aircraft. I have battery. Charger and remote already. :). Props and case. Just need a new bird without buying all the extras. I'm willing to take used.

Really sorry to see this Tony. I made that flight about a month ago from the south rest area, can't blame your choose of location. I would say to head back out this weekend and look for a white or Hispanic guy with a tattoo on his inner left arm. Should you luck out then casually follow him home, get the address and then call police. Hopefully now with probable cause for them to question him.

If you knew where the individual lives would it make more sense to go there when you knew his parents are home, presuming he lives with his parents, and then confront them? Problem with that way is if he denies it you more than likely will never see it again and without the P3 Tony can't prove it is his. But the kid might get on the defensive and deny it and then toss it in a dumpster or something. I doubt the cops would come as you can't prove it is there. The kid can easily hide it then get rid of it. Then you are out of luck.Were all the kids there because of Spring Break or something?

Wow I always love giving things I found back to owners - always makes me so happy... Good luck and keep us posted. I am so putting only-I-know-what-to-look-for marks on my drone from now on!

Any one know how I can just buy a bird. Without all the extra. Just aircraft. I have battery. Charger and remote already. :). Props and case. Just need a new bird without buying all the extras. I'm willing to take used.
I would focus on getting your Phantom back! You can even offer a reward for getting it out of the tree or whatever. That thing isn't worth a dime to the thief as is.

27f1195bef157aa4dfc30d738bce2be0.jpg

Reactions: Oso
Bad things happen to good people. Tony, I would be livid right about now, and wouldn't be able to maintain my composure. Got to give it to you bud, for standing tall. Others would have found a rope by now, and hunted down the creep, the perp., who stole your drone.

He'd be surfing alright... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
This is the potential wind surfer he needs to find if all the various details of this thread pan out. Long shot....

I would focus on getting your Phantom back! You can even offer a reward for getting it out of the tree or whatever. That thing isn't worth a dime to the thief as is.
Thank you. That is the first thing I did. Offer reward. Told kite board instructor to pass the word.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik