Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

hoping people read all the thread ******* alert he got it back if you would read all the thread you would know this just chiming in without knowing what has went down makes you look stupid

Took my drone out yesterday as the weather was beautiful. Went to the skyway and was using different apps. Screen recorder in litchi. Then switched to fpv goggles. All was going well. Finally lots of kite boarders came to hidden beach and I tried vertical studios was doing well filming them. I said. Wow it's kind of windy. Let me read in atti mode to see how much of a drift. Soon as I did my drone started head for the hungry trees. Ooh my god. On panic. I yawed it and it full throttle to get out of there. Should have just went higher. The wind pushes me right to the top of a pine tree where I got stuck. All the surfer guys were like ****!!!! Call a tree friend of mine and went to meet him in his boom truck. By the time I. Came back. My drone was gone one surfer guy said another surfer went home yo get his climbing gear. They did not want to rat on him. I called surfer instructed which he was teaching those guys. He says he find out which guy. Hoping. I get it back. Lesson learned. Murphy's law. Trees are hungry. Don't judge wind with atti. Yikes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Report it to the police. Seems you were robbed.

john learn to read the whole thread you are looking like a ******* with your comment

Took my drone out yesterday as the weather was beautiful. Went to the skyway and was using different apps. Screen recorder in litchi. Then switched to fpv goggles. All was going well. Finally lots of kite boarders came to hidden beach and I tried vertical studios was doing well filming them. I said. Wow it's kind of windy. Let me read in atti mode to see how much of a drift. Soon as I did my drone started head for the hungry trees. Ooh my god. On panic. I yawed it and it full throttle to get out of there. Should have just went higher. The wind pushes me right to the top of a pine tree where I got stuck. All the surfer guys were like ****!!!! Call a tree friend of mine and went to meet him in his boom truck. By the time I. Came back. My drone was gone one surfer guy said another surfer went home yo get his climbing gear. They did not want to rat on him. I called surfer instructed which he was teaching those guys. He says he find out which guy. Hoping. I get it back. Lesson learned. Murphy's law. Trees are hungry. Don't judge wind with atti. Yikes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
OMG that sucks bigggggg Time

Wow great thread, amazing result, and the best support from members gives you a warm feeling:blush:.
I'm in the UK I'm kinda hoping it would be the same. Happy flying!

Reactions: Tim in Florida
So sorry to hear that Tony. But I agree with some others that if you know the # and have the receipt then I would attempt to contact the police. They probably could squeeze the surfer group a little to find out the truth. I don't know the laws and would guess it would be on public property but still I would think it is theft.

But it is neat to see all the support/help from the forum. I think that is great. Hoping you get it back and it isn't damaged bad.
Suppose you drive your car into a ditch and you leave to seek help retrieving it. Then someone comes along with a tow truck, retrieves the car and disappears with it.

Is that theft or good fortune?

Suppose you drive your car into a ditch and you leave to seek help retrieving it. Then someone comes along with a tow truck, retrieves the car and disappears with it.

Is that theft or good fortune?

It would have been a pirate's life for me.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl