Backpack recommendations for DSLR and drone

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for backpacks that would carry both a phantom and DSLR camera?

yup

I have just taken delivery of a Lowepro DroneGuard BP 450 AW Backpack for Drones. It fits the P4P very well along with the necessary bits and pieces. I went on a 5km walk on a rough track - lots of steep rocky gullies - and the pack was very comfortable. I have tried a Canon 5ds R with a 25-70mm lens. It waa a bit of a squash but it all fitted.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ActionDrone
Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out how to travel with it, where I can take my P4P, and a carry on suitcase with my laptop all on the plane and not have to check anything.

I really hate checking luggage. HATE.

And I fly at least 4 times a month and would like to take my P4P with me. I am out of town working and will pick mine up when I get back home.

Do you like that one? I was thinking of getting this one.

I like it. Plenty of storage in the upper compartment & it has removable dividers. I keep a smaller case with my filters, SD cards, etc.., there. The compartment on the front of the bag, I keep my screen shades, my tablet & other large items. Everything else is in the factory foam container, nice & safe.

+1 for the smatree backpack. love it. might need some beefier shoulder straps & a waist belt for long hikes, but probably fine for most.....!
i ride my bike with it loaded up, & works great.

I have the Bower Sky Capture from best buy.. and amazingly it is awesome. Fits my p4, 2 spare batteries, Nd filters , extenders and cables in the internal pouches surrounding the drone. My iPad air 2 goes in-between the padding and top section. And the top section hold the RC, my Nikon D5300 and a spare 70-300 lense. Very durable and water proof.
ad84c13f18a9865d4915b3ceee684890.jpg

Monfranto makes the DJI badged pack and basically the same pack for a lower price with the Monfranto name on it. Has an upper pouch for a DSLR and moderate zoom lens on top like the Sky Capture above. I have had Monfranto products for years and they are well made. A good pack is next on my to buy list.

I had the manfrotto D1 backpack for about a month and really liked it. But it couldn't hold my entire drone setup as well as my camera setup so I returned it and got the think tank airport helipak backpack. Loving this new backpack. I have reviews, of both, on my YouTube channel. The think tank can hold all of my gear with room to spare. The manfrotto was nicer, in my opinion, but couldn't hold everything I wanted.

Last edited:
I have the Manfrotto D1 and it is perfect for all my gear. The P4P fits with 4 batteries, all the cables, and the 3 battery charger. In the top pouch I have a full frame Nikon 24-70 lens attached. In the side pocket I have a 17" laptop, my iPad air 2 and a folded sunshade. It has great lumbar support.

Last edited:
I had the manfrotto D1 backpack for about a month and really liked it. But it couldn't hold my entire drone setup as well as my camera setup so I returned it and got the think tank airport helipak backpack. Loving this new backpack. I have reviews, of both, on my YouTube channel. The think tank can hold all of my gear with room to spare. The manfrotto was nicer, in my opinion, but couldn't hold everything I wanted.

The Think Tank looks like what I need. You mentioned in the video that you paid $200 for it on Amazon. I'm seeing it for $119 on Amazon & B&H. Am I looking at the same case or did you get a different one?

The Think Tank looks like what I need. You mentioned in the video that you paid $200 for it on Amazon. I'm seeing it for $119 on Amazon & B&H. Am I looking at the same case or did you get a different one?
Looks like they dropped $80 since last week. **** it, lol. Yes that's the same case.

Just talked to amazon. They are letting me return mine and I am buying a new one at the $120 cost. Thank you so much for letting me know, otherwise I wouldn't have saved $80.

Manfrotto D1. Just came back from filming an ice fishing trip and used the D1 to carry the P4P and accessories, Macbook Pro, GH4 with 12-35 and 8mm, two Aukey battery chargers and 2 GoPro 5 sessions. Very comfortable to wear as well.

Reactions: Wrice4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl