Backpack Recommendation

Reaction score
Backpack showed up today and I would highly recommend the backpacks from Atomik RC. Great quality and cushion, stylish, and tons of compartments, pockets and separators. It also has tons of straps which would be good for a hiker. I was also surprised to find a waterproof canvas cover that can be put on to further protect your Phantom from water. It sure is going to take a lot of rain or a long bath for water to finally get through this rugged bag. A+++ and for $60 shipped! Deal of the year. Very happy with this! No I do not work for these people or whatnot. Bon Voyage to Punta Cana with this next month!

Here is a link for the bag. Took 5 days to get to MA from OH, standard shipping.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/400932837796?nav=SEARCH

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435089976.908445.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435089997.391027.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435090024.277136.jpg

Reactions: wwright12
I had room for everything plus inverter, iPad, etc. still looking for crap to put in this bag. Very comfortable to wear also.

This backpack is also available on Amazon here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctp
Reasonably priced. I ordered a different case off eBay for $50 because I wish to keep my props on while it is stored. Certainly not going to be buying a $300 case. Can't tell me plastic and a bit of foam costs that much to make. They just figure since you spent $1000+ on a Phantom, you'll shell out a few hundred on a case too. :p

Backpack showed up today and I would highly recommend the backpacks from Atomik RC. Great quality and cushion, stylish, and tons of compartments, pockets and separators.
Yeah, I have one exactly like it. Mine was a little more due to the Canadian exchange rate, and it came from the manufacturer in China so it has a different logo, but everything else is the same. Lots of room, easy to organize, comfortable to wear, and it doesn't scream out to everybody that there's an extremely valuable piece of equipment tucked inside. Now I just have to throw it around and scuff it up a little...ummm, better take the P3 out first.

Hey guys, the best part is me trying to figure out how to get to the compartment where the drone goes. Hahaha. I have never seen a main pouch that unzips at the back.

Hey guys, the best part is me trying to figure out how to get to the compartment where the drone goes. Hahaha. I have never seen a main pouch that unzips at the back.
Took me a few minutes to figure that one out too. When I first got mine, all I saw was the front zipper, undid it, and thought "how the heck can I fit my Phantom into THAT?!" Then I noticed the back zipper...:oops:

I just ordered something similar from China with free shipping - looks identical except for the badge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Car...I-FC40-Phantom1-2-3Pro-Advanced-/261859185291

I emailed the seller and asked if this would definitely fit the Phantom 3 as it was taller, and she said:

"Dear customer,

Thanks for your interest in our item.

YES, it is. pls don’t worry.

Please be free to contact us if you need further information about the device.

Have a nice day !

Best regards
"

So, yeah. Time will tell if the P3 fits this device.

I got the DJI backpack. Not cheap, but you absolutely get what you pay for.
This is the best quality backpack I've seen.

Son.... I got laid before FEDEX was able to drive away... She even asked me to leave the backpack on... [emoji108]

Reactions: Advexure
This looks similar to the fancier King Kong backpack I have. That back zipper is quite interesting. I've already scuffed the front plastic fasteners on concrete [emoji16]
Also, since it is tight around the motors, I'm thinking about adding these motor covers
I was looking around for something like this (the motor covers). You're right about it being tight around the motors, which is good to help hold it in place, but I was worried about them too. Thanks for the link!

I researched that backpack last week as well. Ended up ordering directly from atomik rc's website. $64 shipped. Arriving tomorrow!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic