Back in the saddle! - UPDATE

Reaction score
I had been a proud P4 owner, but money got tight so I unloaded the bird among some other toys and got my financial house back in order.

Since the 4k was not important to me, and the P3 Adv has a stronger controller output I decided I could save a bundle and scoop a P3 Adv and be just as happy as I was with the P4. The sport mode etc on the 4 are all really just bells and whistles that in my humble opinion are pointless. I'm not sure if DJI ever brought the advanced flight modes down from the 4 Pro to the 4 as was rumored.

Long story short however, I was able to snatch up a barely used pristine P3 Adv for $420USD!

Flight logs and batteries tell the tale. 1 batt and only 13 charges. Original box and not a scratch on the airframe or the blades!

Unfortunately I can't find a way to pull all the logs from the bird. Anyone know how I can get at the log files on the P3? Since I don't have the Go app logs created in the app i'm just wondering what the PO got up to with it. It seems totally legit. I"m just looking for some feel good confirmation of the flights this thing went on. :)

I got it into flight data mode and connected to the PC but I kinda got stuck there ... not sure where to go beyond that.

OK so a question to my fellow P3 owners. I only had a standard for a short while before purchasing my P4. Now i'm back in the P3 saddle and I've noticed a nasty little wiggle during hover. She seems to fly great but when hovering there appears to be a wiggle that causes the camera and gimble to jiggle a bit. I haven't had much time to test and capture video of the wiggle, but I would expect this to cause blurry photos. As the weather clears and I have more time this weekend i'll post up some pics and hopefully capture the wiggle in video form as well. For now my question is: has anyone else experienced this? Would poorly balanced blades cause this?

It could be the blades, do you have a balancer or know someone who does ? If no- have you tried a complete different set of props ? If you try a new set of props and the problem goes away, then change out the new props to the old one by one and you may find the one that's the real problem. I like to find out all I can about a problem. I had what I called a little "shake" when it was hovering in front of me, balanced all the props and it was still there. Ended up finding the problem by setting a straight edge on the table while spinning the prop in the balancer, one blade would hit the edge and the other was more away from it. That was the first prop I ever had like that and they are OEM DJI props. I removed it and put another in its place and she hovered great.

I'm going to check the yaw arm screw I've seen mentioned in some of my researches, and swap over to the 2nd blade set. They're OEM DJI blades that were still new in the box when I picked it up.

OK so a question to my fellow P3 owners. I only had a standard for a short while before purchasing my P4. Now i'm back in the P3 saddle and I've noticed a nasty little wiggle during hover. She seems to fly great but when hovering there appears to be a wiggle that causes the camera and gimble to jiggle a bit. I haven't had much time to test and capture video of the wiggle, but I would expect this to cause blurry photos. As the weather clears and I have more time this weekend i'll post up some pics and hopefully capture the wiggle in video form as well. For now my question is: has anyone else experienced this? Would poorly balanced blades cause this?

When hovering a few feet above the ground, my 3A often has a slight tremor on the gimbal, but it doesn't affect the recorded video. If you hover in dead calm, it will probably not display this; again when I hover indoors, no tremor. All my props are fully balanced.

Swapped blades, seems better, but it's probably something i never noticed about my P3S as I had it such a short time. I'm pulling the .dat files now and will look for any abrupt losses of altitude in short amounts of time on CsvView which would indicate crashes for my own piece of mind.

Had a similar problem this week with my P3S where the drone would shake visibly when hovering. Never had that problem before. It was a bit breezy (15mph) but, I'd flown in those conditions before without that problem. Still, I got concerned and tried to disagnose the problem. The props were all nearly ew and we're fine. I had noticed an interference warning during preflight, and the signal strength wasn't what it normally is. So I landed the bird, switched to airplane mode with wi-fi, lifted off again, and the shake and the interference warning disappeared instantly and did not return. Signal was back to full strength also. Not saying that was the problem in your case, that's only what I experienced. Hope that helps.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
The gimbal suspension does an amazing job of providing steady video. One other thing I just thought of, if the shake isn't significant with the bird itself, but you're clearly seeing it in your video, check the gimbal vibration board for any cracks or breaks. One corner of the board on my Standard cracked after a crash and I clearly noticed some jiggle in the video, even though the bird hovered rock solid. That jiggle wasn't there before the crash. Replaced the board and the jiggle was gone. Rock solid videos ever since. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik