B&H Photo H3 3D Gimbal pre-order for $369.00

poostik said:
Cody2008 said:
britchris1 said:

Bingo...thats it!

Nice - So, how much height is this adding overall? I'm wondering if this is going to end up negating my carrying case. :-/

Its not much somewhere around 5-8 mm (thickness of mounting plate) I plan on just cutting out a little extra foam in my tradecraft case it should still have plenty of room

Re: B&H Photo H3 3D Gimbal pre-order for $369.00

poostik said:
britchris1 said:
Yes that copy they added is definitely new - Im glad they added it so future customers know the full story.

[Here is the difference in the holes (new version is shaped like a shield) http://bit.ly/1v5FkpU

Wow. Okay. So w/o being with my bird right now, I'm pretty sure I do NOT have that shield sized hole in mine. If I feel like Ianwood's H3-3D install is out of my league (which I just found), what is the optional adapter plate (and subsequent landing gear extension) I can use?

I posted a walk through here:

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=12870

I got my H3-3D the other day from B&H and no extra skids or the mounting plate. I just dremeled a hole and it fits fine. I put the mounting plate on the Phantom, used a marker to mark the hole and then used the Dremel to knotch it out. 5minutes. So easy a caveman could do it.

That's a pity. I've been shopping there since 1992 and they typically have better customer service than anyplace I've been to, great shipping, great return policy. They have built up so much good will with me they actually owe me mistakes!

britchris1 said:
Ended up getting my order from B&H today - version 1.1 with the interference board and the new usb connector with the flimsy ribbon cable. No adapter plate, no extended landing skids.. WTF B&H??!!!! I emailed their customer support asking where the hell the adapter was, and the missing landing skids (which are required as the gimbal hangs so low with the adapter plate) this was their response:

We are aware of this problem. It appears that the bracket was supposed to be included but was not and we are getting them and they should ship to you next week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the landing skids - We did not receive any confirmation from the manufacturer with regards to the longer landing skids as of now.
You may ant to contact DJI directly at:
Tel: (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]

First and last time I will be buying from these guys. Total cluster. :x

britchris1 said:
Ended up getting my order from B&H today - version 1.1 with the interference board and the new usb connector with the flimsy ribbon cable. No adapter plate, no extended landing skids.. WTF B&H??!!!! I emailed their customer support asking where the hell the adapter was, and the missing landing skids (which are required as the gimbal hangs so low with the adapter plate) this was their response:

We are aware of this problem. It appears that the bracket was supposed to be included but was not and we are getting them and they should ship to you next week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the landing skids - We did not receive any confirmation from the manufacturer with regards to the longer landing skids as of now.

"WTF B&H??!!!!" Are you kidding me? B & H Photo can't cure everything.

Skimmer said:
britchris1 said:

"WTF B&H??!!!!" Are you kidding me? B & H Photo can't cure dumb.

Living up to your name I see Skimmer.... perhaps it would help if you read the whole thread. Like the part where I said B&H TOLD me TWICE that the bracket and skids were included and were shipping with the gimbal.

Smells like toro poo poo. Brit, you need to read more carefully. How many threads did you leave the same response. It's not B & H Photos fault that you can't read. You know what they say when you ASSuMe. They are a good company and have probably been around long than you.

O yeah thats my game, go and lie on a bunch of forums? I'll pm you the entire chat transcript from the 2 agents I talked to. Although you seem to like B&H so much... you smell like a shill to me.

Edit: Not to mention I really don't care if the thing came with the plate/skids! I've already started cutting the hole and got my washers to do the install (which is a better route to go) My original point was that it's shitty for customer service reps to tell a customer something without actually confirming it. The principal of it, whatever you want to call it.

Now can we get back to talking about the amazing footage this thing is gonna take? Thanks!

I could care less. I can figure out your conversation. This is a new hobby. You want to burn down the places that have what we need. Not everything is going to work or everybody is going to have the correct answers. We had a lot of problems in the beginning. We had another person who wanted to burn down DJI. No one is perfect, live with it. B & H Photo's response is generic, keep the customer happy. They probably wanted you to stop ranting.

Britchris, you are going to meet a lot more obstacles in this hobby. We are all trying to work them out. You could calm it down a lot and will probably get a lot more service. My first Phantom had a problem. I got it from B & H photo when you couldn't get them right away. I thought a replacement would take a long time and I was itchy to fly. I called them, I was nice to them, they said I could come into Brooklyn and pick up a new one that day or they would express ship one out. Got it the next day.

Brit, let's not argue. I'm sorry I said dumb but the way you were posting the same response to every thread you could find to burn B & H photo is wrong and getting you nowhere.

Last post on this. Again, I'm sorry. if you want me to delete my "dumb" remark, I will. You may need B & H Photo. You should consider your posts too. Let's fly.

Shill yes. 39 years of dealing with B & H Photo. Wow, incredible 1975. First camera from them Nikkormat EL. They were great with shipping to the USS Constellation. Funny thing, back then, I flew Phantoms. Real Phantoms.

I am sorry as well - no intent to argue and no intent to burn B&H - they are making it right. Like I said it was more the principal of them telling me twice and being so sure. It just seemed so weird to me that it would be included at no cost which is why I asked the second time. I was expecting to be able to mount the gimbal right away with no additional work.

Perhaps I did throw a little tantrum ;) all good now though, ready to get this thing up in the air and taje some killer footage. Im actually glad I didn't get the mount - its way more fun tinkering and making it your own. Just a bit scary drilling into your wallet as its sitting on the bench!

Being mad doesn't solve anything - I'll still buy from B&H and I'll still buy from DJI - definitely need them!

This sport is about tinkering. You an learn so much without even flying. In the beginning, we soldered to get FPV and took dog collars apart because we were afraid of fly aways. Enjoy the sport, I know you will. Be ready for speed bumps from nowhere.

My original P2 non vision is in pieces after 300+ flights. Hope to have the video up of the crash. Need a card reader. I don't believe it was my fault, hard left turn into a building, but I coughed up another near $400 for a new gimbal and props. Can't wait to get back in the air.

mrand said:
I got my H3-3D the other day from B&H and no extra skids or the mounting plate. I just dremeled a hole and it fits fine. I put the mounting plate on the Phantom, used a marker to mark the hole and then used the Dremel to knotch it out. 5minutes. So easy a caveman could do it.

So besides the hole drill, you didn't have to do anything else? washers? rerouting connections?
I've seen a few different ways people have done this but it looks like they did some other stuff. Ianwood removed the board to do his and modified his battery cases. I think that may have just been for wires but not necessary?

mrand said:

How much clearance from the battery did you have? Have you flown it yet?

Cody2008 said:
How much clearance from the battery did you have? Have you flown it yet?

Mine was very close to the battery which is why I notched the batteries just to be sure that under vibration and different loads, they didn't come into contact.

I received my new gimbal from B&H and it was a version 1 :)

So far, everything has updates fine and it appears to work great. x1 channel didn't need to be calibrated. Everything is updated and I hope to take it ona night flight tonight. Fingers crossed :)

mrand said:
I received my new gimbal from B&H and it was a version 1 :)

So far, everything has updates fine and it appears to work great. x1 channel didn't need to be calibrated. Everything is updated and I hope to take it ona night flight tonight. Fingers crossed :)

Did they send you the adaptor for a phanton 2 version 1....or did u have the new p2 with precut hole for h3-3d?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj