B&H Photo H3 3D Gimbal pre-order for $369.00

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed this? Surely the price of the 3D gimbal sold separately will have to be significantly higher than what the 2D sells for now. I've heard maybe as much as $100 more from a dealer I use regularly. I think I'll take a chance and place an order hoping that they'll honor the listed price!

I saw your post a few minutes ago and checked BH. They were in stock at $379 so I ordered one. Still not clear on whether it comes with an anti interference board and, if so, what that does. I do fly FPV with IRC600mW and Fatsharks.

keefer said:
Has anybody noticed this? Surely the price of the 3D gimbal sold separately will have to be significantly higher than what the 2D sells for now. I've heard maybe as much as $100 more from a dealer I use regularly. I think I'll take a chance and place an order hoping that they'll honor the listed price!

Are you guys selling your 2D's?

Wondering if anyone will buy em. I'd like to offset the cost of the 3D.

Shoot I want to soon sell my gimbal, go pro 3 black and avl58 so I can upgrade them to to lightbridge, h3-3d and gp3+ or gp4. Wish lightbridge would work with ground station, might have to just buy a second p2+ and light-bridge

On a thread in the H3-3D section someone asked a B&H sales rep if it comes with the mounting spacer to fit on the original P2 without the hole and they said it did. So whomever gets theirs first from B&H let us know if it does come in the box.

I went to BH and picked mine up. I see nothing in the box I'd describe as spacers. Can you post a picture of what they look like?

shartlza said:
On a thread in the H3-3D section someone asked a B&H sales rep if it comes with the mounting spacer to fit on the original P2 without the hole and they said it did. So whomever gets theirs first from B&H let us know if it does come in the box.

adanac said:
I went to BH and picked mine up. I see nothing in the box I'd describe as spacers. Can you post a picture of what they look like?

Also, contrary to what some have heard, it also did not come with an adapter plate nor spacers nor GCU. It did come with the interference board.

shartlza said:

adanac said:

Did it have the anti-interference board in there? I talked to Aerial Support and they said it was not inluded.

When talking to the aerial support people online today they said the adapter plate is included, but they wanted me to email them so they could confirm. They said they did not have one on hand because they just arrived at their shipping warehouse. They did emailed me back with the response below. I think they are mistaking the "H3-3D mounting adapter" which i think is the dampener bracket for the adapter plate for the original P2. I emailed them again to clairify with pictures of the two so they could confirm what is in there. I am guessing you are going to have to buy the adapter kit that has the adapter and taller leg for $15US or open up a hole in the origanal Phantom and add some spacers/washers so it won't hit the battery. This is what I will probably do, but I have no clue where to get the longer screws you would need when putting in a spacers. I think the size you would need is a M3x8mm.

"Thank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. The following items will be included in the packaging:
Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
Independent IMU and GCU
H3-3D mounting adapter
vibration dampeners
plastic locking pins

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you for choosing B&H. "

I don't know what the IMU is but I doubt it was there - nor was the GCU. It did come with the anti-interference board, however.

shartlza said:
adanac said:

Did it have the anti-interference board in there? I talked to Aerial Support and they said it was not inluded.

When talking to the aerial support people online today they said the adapter plate is included, but they wanted me to email them so they could confirm. They said they did not have one on hand because they just arrived at their shipping warehouse. They did emailed me back with the response below. I think they are mistaking the "H3-3D mounting adapter" which i think is the dampener bracket for the adapter plate for the original P2. I emailed them again to clairify with pictures of the two so they could confirm what is in there. I am guessing you are going to have to buy the adapter kit that has the adapter and taller leg for $15US or open up a hole in the origanal Phantom and add some spacers/washers so it won't hit the battery. This is what I will probably do, but I have no clue where to get the longer screws you would need when putting in a spacers. I think the size you would need is a M3x8mm.

"Thank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio. The following items will be included in the packaging:
Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
Independent IMU and GCU
H3-3D mounting adapter
vibration dampeners
plastic locking pins

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you for choosing B&H. "

adanac said:
I don't know what the IMU is but I doubt it was there - nor was the GCU. It did come with the anti-interference board, however

Good, so at least it has that. The IMU and GCU are both built into the gimbal.

Checked the B&H Photo web site just now. The description now includes the statement....... "Item not for sale"! I got the shipping confirmation on mine and should receive it by next Thursday. It sounds like either we lucked up and got in on just a small batch that came thru...... or possibly B&H jumped the gun on making them available for purchase? The dealer I regularly purchase from was still waiting to receive inventory and did not even have a firm price from DJI yet as of the end of last week. They were expecting the pricing to definitely be higher than what B&H quoted with this being a new model. The B&H info does state that this unit is "for the Phantom 2 only". Maybe a stand alone 3D unit would be configured in a manner that would drive the cost up?

Can anyone who picked one up already confirm if the Gopro CAMERA connection to the gimbal is the same as the 2D was (built into the bracket where the camera is seated) or a cable of some sort. I have seen instructions posted for 2 different configurations.

I fully expect to have to cut a hole in the body and add some nylon washers to stand it off a bit and minimize possible contact with the battery. I don't want to add an additional bracket and leg extensions because of weight. Hopefully, the opening in the new gimbal mounting bracket should serve as a good template for drawing the hole to be made in the Phantom body.

I hope I didn't purchase something that is incomplete or problematic in some way. The item is in pre-order at Adorama and they say it comes with a GCU. Mine did not.

keefer said:
Checked the B&H Photo web site just now. The description now includes the statement....... "Item not for sale"! I got the shipping confirmation on mine and should receive it by next Thursday. It sounds like either we lucked up and got in on just a small batch that came thru...... or possibly B&H jumped the gun on making them available for purchase? The dealer I regularly purchase from was still waiting to receive inventory and did not even have a firm price from DJI yet as of the end of last week. They were expecting the pricing to definitely be higher than what B&H quoted with this being a new model. The B&H info does state that this unit is "for the Phantom 2 only". Maybe a stand alone 3D unit would be configured in a manner that would drive the cost up?

Can anyone who picked one up already confirm if the Gopro CAMERA connection to the gimbal is the same as the 2D was (built into the bracket where the camera is seated) or a cable of some sort. I have seen instructions posted for 2 different configurations.

I fully expect to have to cut a hole in the body and add some nylon washers to stand it off a bit and minimize possible contact with the battery. I don't want to add an additional bracket and leg extensions because of weight. Hopefully, the opening in the new gimbal mounting bracket should serve as a good template for drawing the hole to be made in the Phantom body.

We are hearing a variety of things from sales people at various places.....some information has been reported as not being correct. I think the "Phantom 2" version uses a GCU already present in the Phantom 2 model. Sure would like to know why they discontinued the sales of individual units. Maybe it will come to light in the near future!

B&H Photo H3 3D Gimbal pre-order for $369.00

I'm perplexed at all this. I ordered and received my 3D for my old P2 like a month ago from US Hobby. Possibly just stock shortages?

I have a feeling they stopped sales because they had it priced wrong. There are some of us that bought the gimbal for $369, like i did when i saw it on there site a month ago at that price and jumped on it. Some people jumped on it in the past week and probably got it for $379. I have a feeling, but could be wrong, we got a great deal on this and they just caught that they were going out of the warehouse at too low of a margin and they stopped sales until they fix it. I know a little about this since i work corporate retail. We will see though. Also the ones B&H shipped were the v1.1 with the connector on the side and not on the back like the H3-2D.

I'm not sure I understand all of your post - I'm wondering if spell-check might have made some words things they weren't supposed to be.

I don't think they would price it wrong two times in a row. Adorama also has it priced at $379.

What are the "ones" BH shipped? By "ones" do you mean H3-3D gimbals? And by "where" do you mean "were?"

shartlza said:
I have a feeling they stopped sales because they had it priced wrong. There are some of us that bought one for $369, like i did when i saw it on there site a month ago at that price and jumped on it. Some people jumped on it in the past week and probably got it for $379. I have a feeling, but could be wrong, we got a great deal on this and they just caught that they were going out of the warehouse at too low of a margin and they stopped sales until they fix it. I know a little about this since i work corporate retail. We will see though. Also the ones B&H shipped where the v1.1 with the connector on the side and not on the back like the H3-2D.

Yea sorry, a combo of spell check and typing too fast. I edited my post to fix most of it. The version B&H shipped was the v1.1 with the video connection via the sids usb port.

adanac said:
I'm not sure I understand all of your post - I'm wondering if spell-check might have made some words things they weren't supposed to be.

I don't think they would price it wrong two times in a row. Adorama also has it priced at $379.

What are the "ones" BH shipped? By "ones" do you mean H3-3D gimbals? And by "where" do you mean "were?"

shartlza said:
I have a feeling they stopped sales because they had it priced wrong. There are some of us that bought one for $369, like i did when i saw it on there site a month ago at that price and jumped on it. Some people jumped on it in the past week and probably got it for $379. I have a feeling, but could be wrong, we got a great deal on this and they just caught that they were going out of the warehouse at too low of a margin and they stopped sales until they fix it. I know a little about this since i work corporate retail. We will see though. Also the ones B&H shipped where the v1.1 with the connector on the side and not on the back like the H3-2D.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik