H3-3D Gimbal issue or normal?

Reaction score
Hi,

I sold my older P2 with H3-2D gimbal and replaced it with a new one with the H3-3D gimbal. I only had 3 flights with it so far, but what I notice is that when turning right (even if it's only like 30degrees) I see the legs of the P2, when I do the same turn to the left, I don't get that. I have a video online in which you can see it:

http://youtu.be/gONAk3-GIqM (for example at 47 seconds)

It's not a normal take-off from land, but I have the same experience while doing a regular flight. Is this a gimbal issue or does anybody have any knowledge of it?

cheers

Its not a gimbel issue. It happens with sudden yaw or gusty winds while in wide FOV.

You can:
1. Change to a narrower FOV
2. Replace the legs with wider ones
3. Change the lens to a longer focal length e.g. 5.4mm flat field
4. Do less sudden yaws and not fly in gusty conditions.

Not a gimbal functionality issue, as far as I know (whether it's a design issue is another question). It's because of the positioning of the GoPro in the gimbal - the lens of the camera is not centered - it's offset to the left; thus, because of the wide angle lens, you tend to see the left leg of the Phantom when hard turning to the right (as the gimbal dampens the motion and delays its own turn, allowing the leg to come into view).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20