AVL58+Datalink -- How to provide power at the ground?

Reaction score
Hi,

P2 with Gimbal is up an running. The new box of toys has arrived:
AVL58
Datalink (for future use with Ground Station)
iosd mini
Lilliput 663 for FPV.

I can just about figure out how to connect all the data oriented cables (I think). BUT:
At the Ground End, what and how, specifically, to I get power to:
1. DataLink and 2. AVL RX?

The docs keep referring to a battery -- what battery? Can I hook them up somehow to the RC Unit? Do I need to go buy something? If so -- what???

H-E-L-P (and yes, I am a rookie).

s.

I believe you will need a battery for the ground electronics. some folks are using a spare phantom 1 style battery.

Also, the DJI AVL58 receiver will not work with a car battery, because, while they are "12V" they are actually 13-14V.
I tried, and now I have to go find me another source. Worked with a 12V adaptor after ti had gotten 13V, but it wont transmit at 13V. Absolutely mindboggling :p

runeste said:
Also, the DJI AVL58 receiver will not work with a car battery, because, while they are "12V" they are actually 13-14V.
I tried, and now I have to go find me another source. Worked with a 12V adaptor after ti had gotten 13V, but it wont transmit at 13V. Absolutely mindboggling :p

Get youself a 3S 11.1v LiPo (It actually states this in the manual). That should do it. You've got to remember that transmitters / receivers are finely tuned circuits and therefore if you start stuffing more into them than they were designed to handle, they will either fail to work or even worse, burn out.

Unless you are going to be running the AVL58 for hours and hours on the ground something around 11.1v 1000mA should be more than enough.

May I ask why you are looking to power the vTX on the ground outside of the P2? Surely if you have it fitted to your P2 you just need to power up your bird?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl