How do you measure the battery voltage?

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Advanced.
Just received a spare battery for my drone and on arrival, turning on, just the L/H LED was lit, indicating fair;y low voltage
I tried to measure the voltage with a multimeter at its terminals but couldn't get any reading.
I put it in the aircraft and tried to power it up to use the RC but there was not enough power to activate the drone.
I have subsequently put it on charge and it would appear to have charged up all right. I did a test flight and all seems well.
Holding "ON" for five seconds I get all 4 LED's lit.
Can I presume this battery is OK - but I'd still like to know how to check the voltage :rolleyes:

Phantom 3 Advanced.
Just received a spare battery for my drone and on arrival, turning on, just the L/H LED was lit, indicating fair;y low voltage
I tried to measure the voltage with a multimeter at its terminals but couldn't get any reading.
I put it in the aircraft and tried to power it up to use the RC but there was not enough power to activate the drone.
I have subsequently put it on charge and it would appear to have charged up all right. I did a test flight and all seems well.
Holding "ON" for five seconds I get all 4 LED's lit.
Can I presume this battery is OK - but I'd still like to know how to check the voltage :rolleyes:
The battery is likely fine. You can check the total voltage by turning the battery on and using a voltmeter to read the voltage at the main terminals.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Please see the third line of my post - I tried to measure at the terminals but couldn't get any reading. maybe my probes were not making contact, there seems to be four small ones on each contact in the socket. I'll try again.......

Please see the third line of my post - I tried to measure at the terminals but couldn't get any reading. maybe my probes were not making contact, there seems to be four small ones on each contact in the socket. I'll try again.......
There's 4 connectors on the battery, 2 for data and V+ and V-
The battery must be turned on and you will measure at the connectors circled:
20190219_091233.jpg

My battery is not fully charged (two leds showing when I tap the power button) and here is my voltage reading:
20190219_092052.jpg

Ah, didn't realise it had to turned on!

Great, just charged it, reading 17.34 volts! Panic over :D £39 well spent me thinks.
IMG_5701.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers