Average factory and best modified range? On P3S

Reaction score
Just bought my first DJI product. I know it's not a P4 however I am very happy with it. My only complaint is the range. I am getting a signal loss message at around 1100ft. Planning to buy a tri (2x 2.4ghz 8db and 1x 5.8ghz 10db) onmnidirectional antenna kit and install it on my controller. New to the forum as of today, and curious what factory and modified range others were successfully achieving?

Reactions: Rohanm
6754.4 metres or 22,160 feet outbound - 13.51 km / 44,360 feet total upon return - landed with 8% - won't seek to best this

Last edited:
Argtek giving me around low 5000's with stock Argtek mod in a suburban/urban sprawl park community.

Reactions: Rohanm
Just bought my first DJI product. I know it's not a P4 however I am very happy with it. My only complaint is the range. I am getting a signal loss message at around 1100ft. Planning to buy a tri (2x 2.4ghz 8db and 1x 5.8ghz 10db) onmnidirectional antenna kit and install it on my controller. New to the forum as of today, and curious what factory and modified range others were successfully achieving?

Magic power, then buy 3x Alfa APA M25 plus change out the cables inside the controller to shielded - cheapest and most effective for Phantom 3 Standard

Not if you buy parts from ALIEXPRESS. In addition, I have the satisfaction of creating something unique - using my initiative to adapt, improvise and overcome the technical limitations of a fairly decent product which was purchased second hand and at less than 50% of its original cost from a clearly dissatisfied first owner who couldn't get beyond 400 metres (CE) - LOL

Reactions: New Phantom Owner
Not if you buy parts from ALIEXPRESS. In addition, I have the satisfaction of creating something unique - using my initiative to adapt, improvise and overcome the technical limitations of a fairly decent product which was purchased second hand and at less than 50% of its original cost from a clearly dissatisfied first owner who couldn't get beyond 400 metres (CE) - LOL
Btw are you in CE mod or FCC???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj