Availability and shipping times

Reaction score
I have an Inspire 1 Pro and have an order for the Mavic Pro but the P4P looks like a better option in all respects other than size and portability than the Mavic so I'm inclined to cancel the Mavic order and get the P4P. So, I do a search for the P4P and there are a number of things that pop up on Amazon, but none of them are the new P4P -- so, please, be careful ordering from Amazon at this moment.

Which brings me to my questions:

What can we expect for shipping times with the P4P and I ask this particularly in light of the cluster**** that DJI unleashed with the Mavic shipping madness. When are they expecting to be first available and where can one order it? Again, having done a search at Amazon there does not appear to be any listing of the P4P. B&H has a listing but no info on availability or shipping times. Yes, this is a new product only a couple days since it was announced, but the bad taste in my mouth from the Mavic has me gun shy. Don't get me started about batteries either...

Brian

I generally prefer to order from Amazon as I'm a prime member, but Amazon still has no listing at all for the P4P.

The other issue of course is spare batteries and for a bird like the P4P I'd be looking to have a total of about 4 batteries. For my Inspire 1 Pro I have 8 batteries, but with nearly 2X the flight time a P4P should be comparably useful with about 4 batteries.

Brian

I normally like to go through Amazon as well.... but since it was not listed I went DJI direct. As others have said at the time I ordered it said 1-2 weeks. The problem is batteries - 3-5 weeks. Flying with only one battery will be an issue, but you can apparently use the regular P4 batteries (just lower capacity compared to the newer ones).

I normally like to go through Amazon as well.... but since it was not listed I went DJI direct. As others have said at the time I ordered it said 1-2 weeks. The problem is batteries - 3-5 weeks. Flying with only one battery will be an issue, but you can apparently use the regular P4 batteries (just lower capacity compared to the newer ones).
I've been a Prime member forever but the thought of an extra $160 tax (I'm in WA) forced me to DJI direct...

I have 5 batteries for my P4 so I think I'll be set for a while...even if the flights are a minute or two shorter

I ordered mine before they announced it :p The site went live before they showed it off. A good friend was there and was facetiming me the event! When I checked out it said shipping early next week. I will keep y'all updated when I get shipping notice!

Reactions: KingDad1985
try these guys: @Advexure

[email protected]

I chatted with them earlier today and they said they were in the process of confirming their 1st shipments...especially in light of the Mavic mess

Hi all, hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Phantom 4 Pro units will be arriving into our LA warehouse on Monday (11/28). All Phantom 4 Pro pre-orders will be fulfilled first and as of now it looks like we'll have a few dozen units that are available on a first come, first served basis.

They can be ordered here: Order DJI Phantom 4 Pro Drone | Advexure.com

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out or give us a call.

Looks like we have reports of two vendors getting units now, I guess that's good but... why are vendors receiving orders when DJI pre-orders haven't shipped??

why are vendors receiving orders when DJI pre-orders haven't shipped??
This happened on the last P4 launch too. Both Apple and DJI were shipping the first units on the same day.

Looks like we have reports of two vendors getting units now, I guess that's good but... why are vendors receiving orders when DJI pre-orders haven't shipped??
Guess that's why they put that new "refund" button on the order confirmation page

sure works easy ;-)

This happened on the last P4 launch too. Both Apple and DJI were shipping the first units on the same day.
Yes, but so far I've seen reports of two vendors with units to ship, one apparently already has them on hand (AerialMedia Pros) and the other (Axventure) says that they have been shipped and they will have them on Monday, but so far not a single report of any DJI Direct shipments. So DJI has apparently shipped units to vendors before direct customers. And in the case of the Mavic customers are simply walking into Apple retail stores and buying them off the shelf while DJI Direct orders from over a month ago still haven't shipped. Given that I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again with the P4P. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would waste time ordering from DJI Direct since the very best you can hope for is same-time shipping as to vendors, or just as likely you will be even further down the the line.

So DJI has apparently shipped units to vendors before direct customers.
That's correct. Like I said, they did this when the P4 was launched too. It's not uncommon.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers