Autopilot flight plans missing

Reaction score
Today I wanted to test a flight with my P4P and Autopilot (4.5) but my flight plan list is empty! The column on the left (just under Flight School) showed I had 24 saved plans but tapping that brought up an empty list.

So I created a new plan and saved it. Then it showed I had 25 saved plans but the list is still empty. That was with an iPad mini 4. So I tried with my iPhone SE, Autopilot 4.1 and the same thing. It showed I now had 25 plans but the list is empty. Back and forth between the two, the number keeps going up as I save a plan on either device but none are in the list on either device.

Side note: I was going to test a flight because flights with altitude changes don't have smooth altitude changes anymore. They are very jerky, one foot up at a time, forward 10 or 20 feet, another foot up in a jerk. Since it's the same with Autopilot 4.5 and 4.1 I'll bet it's the 1.05.0300 firmware, going out now to test 1.05.0600.

I just went to find release notes on a new version and saw this on their faq page
Resolved: Autopilot in iOS 11 does not open Flight Plans properly

Not sure if still applicable. Unfortunately I’ve lost a lot of hope for Autopilot since ya hat acquired them. Doesn’t seem to be a priority. Which is disappointing bc it is such a good control system otherwise

Thanks DaRana, I saw that faq too but this seems to be something else. I'm waiting for Hangar to hopefully, delete the corrupt flight plan, or all of them. I've given them my user ID and password for the app. Not being able to save a plan, then load it again is worse than loosing all of them. And apparently the website login isn't the same, you can't get to your flight plans from there.

And yes, I too am loosing faith in AP, it's usefulness is fading quickly. My iPad mini 4 is a legacy device now, software updates that require hardware updates are becoming increasingly frustrating. Worse is that once you update an app there's no going back. I used to think I could restore my apps on iOS from a backup but learned the hard way the apps aren't in the backup.

ya hat? They changed ownership?

Reactions: Aussie markD1969
Thanks DaRana, I saw that faq too but this seems to be something else. I'm waiting for Hangar to hopefully, delete the corrupt flight plan, or all of them. I've given them my user ID and password for the app. Not being able to save a plan, then load it again is worse than loosing all of them. And apparently the website login isn't the same, you can't get to your flight plans from there.

And yes, I too am loosing faith in AP, it's usefulness is fading quickly. My iPad mini 4 is a legacy device now, software updates that require hardware updates are becoming increasingly frustrating. Worse is that once you update an app there's no going back. I used to think I could restore my apps on iOS from a backup but learned the hard way the apps aren't in the backup.

ya hat? They changed ownership?

Yeah, Hangar bought the AP team last year. It was just a small dev team before. Unfortunately Hangar’s biz model seems targeted more at building a few single use consumer apps like Hangar 360 and then enterprise. I get it - the App Store is a broken economic model and creating quality consumer apps there is a shite way to make money. It just sucks for those few of us that loved the power that AP brought to he table. As far as I know they are/we’re the only consumer app that had their own flight control model, which is why It could do things no over app could do since they were constrained by DJIs api.

I hope you get the system working again soon.

Reactions: RamFade
Hmm... guess I didn't realize when Hangar acquired the app. I started using it in January of 2017. Ya know I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade if indeed it was an upgrade. Usually it just breaks something else though... It's gotta be tough working with DJI's SDK.

ANYway, I got my flight plan list back! I guess the engineers at Hangar did something. I was about to see if I could just make a new account from within the app, but I first checked my flight plans and there they were. Just came back from testing, new plans work! Except for the jerky altitude changes, I still have an open ticket with that. Sent Hangar my flight plans and logs... It's irritating, waypoint missions with altitude changes are pretty much useless right now. More and more I'm learning to fly manually!

Hmm... guess I didn't realize when Hangar acquired the app. I started using it in January of 2017. Ya know I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade if indeed it was an upgrade. Usually it just breaks something else though... It's gotta be tough working with DJI's SDK.

ANYway, I got my flight plan list back! I guess the engineers at Hangar did something. I was about to see if I could just make a new account from within the app, but I first checked my flight plans and there they were. Just came back from testing, new plans work! Except for the jerky altitude changes, I still have an open ticket with that. Sent Hangar my flight plans and logs... It's irritating, waypoint missions with altitude changes are pretty much useless right now. More and more I'm learning to fly manually!

FWIW Litchi has gotten pretty good with waypoint missions. When I first got them both about a year ago Litchi was okay. AP can still do things you simply can’t do wkth Litchi or any dji sdk app, but for waypoint missions I usually just end up using Litchi bc it’s a lot easier to build them on the web interface (or with Google Earth now, too!)

Glad to hear you got things working again. I am running into the same issue of lost flight paths now - just emailed Hangar. Hopefully, they will respond soon.

Did they give any explanation/fix for the issue? IOW, was it something you were able to do vs. them "fixing" your account?

What is the problem with your altitude changes? I haven't flown in a while (rough winter!). My last flight I ran a waypoint mission in Autopilot and my Phantom met a tree (fortunately, no damage to the aircraft). On all previous runs of the same mission, it cleared that same tree by 75+ feet. I'm now wondering if the cause wasn't a glitch in the AP app.

Edited to add:
You CAN install older versions of apps onto iOS devices. This is still true, even after iTunes 12.7 (which removed iOS app management features). To do so, you do need to have a copy of the older version. If you are on a Mac, you can check a Time Machine backup. The older version may also be in your iTunes app folder. I forget the exact process of installing the older version, but I belive it is as simple as a drag and drop operation. I currently use the "iMazing" desktop app for this (free download, Mac and Window version available).

Last edited:
Joe21, I don’t know what fixed it. It just started working. I don’t know if my contacting Hanger helped or not. I did get a response from a tech at Hanger but that was the day after it was working. He didn’t seem to know that it was working though even though I updated the ticket at Hanger right away. I think I ended up with two different threads at Hanger somehow.

My other problem with altitude changes: it’s jerky. Simple waypoint mission, 6-8 mph, slow ascent, aircraft jerks up a foot, travels 10 to 50 feet, jerks up another foot, keeps doing this. Forward motion never slows down. I can see and hear it in the sky, and in the recorded video.

I’ve had the opposite happen when forward speed is too fast for the ascent to keep up: forward motion stops so aircraft can climb 10 or 20 feet, then resumes. I understand that and how to correct it.

I’m not using Auto Pilot very much now, a lot of these types of issues. Could be I need a faster iPad than my mini 4 since it’s now a legacy device. But more money for a bigger, heavier, more awkward device with no real improvement on the screen brightness... maybe if Auto Pilot ran on Crystal Sky I’d spring for it. The Go 4 app is working for now.

Thanks for the info.

I have also reached out to Hangar. No response (seems like a trend) - I will keep trying. I can read their help forums, but am unable to register or sign in. Keeps telling me to enable cookies (which are already enabled).

The GO app isn't a good option for me. I have been using Autopilot's saved waypoint missions for a specific project. GO can't handle the route (which is one reason I switched to AP). Really need to access those specific waypoints.

I just bought autopilots-hangar and it register automatic
after downloading from the app store (IOS) I just started the program and it register automatic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31