Automatic Lift Off elevation?

Reaction score
Hi! I have two Phantom 3 Standards and currently the one when I do all the pre flight checks and calibration, then I'm ready to lift off. I use the Auto button Slide it over to Lift Off and then the ladies Voice says Lift off-HOWEVER here recently it only rises up to a little over a FT and HOVERS. maybe 2 ft at the max. I can't find the option if there is any and I thought there was where you can set it more than 1.2 mtrs or 4 ft
I guess it isn't that big of deal as I go on and lift up the right hand controller and it lifts off ok.
Does anyone know what this is and how to increase the hover hight of take off Thanks!

There is no such setting.

Are you running the same firmware on both aircraft? If so, try doing an IMU calibration.

To add to this, I don't like the auto take off option, you can tell the phantom to fly without the remote control in your hand, and it goes up like 4ft?
How about at least 8', then it is over most of our heads, if it drifts with the wind or looses sat lock. :eek:

Just my thoughts, its making the operates think this is easy to fly, trouble will come later. ;)

Rod

An 8-ft auto takeoff would be disastrous indoors. But I quit using that auto TO about a week into the drone.

An 8-ft auto takeoff would be disastrous indoors. But I quit using that auto TO about a week into the drone.
Yeah, Auto take off indoors, that is really scary.

Rod

Do people really fly these things inside, if they do I can't understand why?

Bad weather outside and you just HAVE to fly. I go to a nearby gymnasium to scratch my itch. I do this to practice camera maneuvers in Atti.

Flew a couple of times in my living room with a P3S (no VPS or GPS). It's definitely not recommended and it's scary as hell... but not impossible.

I will occasionally fly around a bit in the fire bays where I work. You can get some cool footage of the trucks and there is a good pattern on the tile to keep the VPS working properly.

So my cat can watch. He doesn't like to go outside. 30'x35' gives it enough room.
I don't believe it, we need video for proof. ;)

Rod

Why not ?

I have a smaller multi-rotor I fly regularly indoors .... I have small heli I fly indoors .....

My P3S - I would fly indoors, because basically it is just a larger version of what I have ....

So the GPS will not be active. The P3S has no VOS, but it has stabilizer. Basically you will be manually flying it - a skill that might not be such a bad idea to have.

Nigel

First update the firmware, do the compass calibration and a imu calibration. There is no setting for going up 1.2 meters, because it does that by default. I believe that there is no way to change that. Also, as a question, why do you care? If it flies perfectly then why even bother with this? Just asking :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic