Auto Takeoffs/Landings

Never use auto and always catch land.Except the time I lost GPS/ compass..I landed in field next door It was hairy scary.I recommend flying atti mode and practice it in case you need to fly 100% manual.

Reactions: rvrrat14
if I were you, I'd take a TV tray with me to get my bird off the ground for takeoffs.
In dusty areas, I use my case as a launch pad and either hand catch or try to land on the case. That's a bit more tricky, but if a friend is with me, they catch it. That's easy.

Reactions: rvrrat14
That’s another good point.

DO YOU LAUNCH OFF OF GROUND
OR
DO YOU LAUNCH FROM ELEVATED SURFACE

I always Auto take off let it hover for a min then go... when landing I alway catch it never auto land

Nobody has answered part of the original question: pros & cons of each...

I have always assumed that auto-take off and auto-landing are preferred in certain situations, such as with wind. The reason behind -I don't know if I'm right- is that the internal computer of the drone is capable of monitoring all parameters (especially IMU) several if not dozens of times per second, so it is capable of stabilizing the drone much better than a human. Is this correct?

The other pro is that it enables precisión landing.

I don't know if there are other pros/cons...

I'm new to this but always do 1st take off on auto and then check the hover and controls out before going higher and further.

Yesterday I flew my p3a in winds that were stronger than I'd experiened so far but didn' go too far and went into the wind to begin with and all went well.

When it came to landing I didn' want to risk the drone tipping over on either auto or manual landings, so tried my first catch. 1st one was fine but onthevsecond attempt I killed the motors with the left stick before getting hold of the drone. Fortunately as it dropped I did catch it. Lesson learned.

All my manual landings were fine despite the wind

P

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4