Auto take-off not available

Reaction score
Finally dared to fly my P3A yesterday after having it for a week...

Most important thing first: It behaved just beautifull, was rock stable and it came back in one piece :)

I've used the week well with calibrating everything and the horizon was perfectly level.

But I couldn't use the auto take-off function, because it was not available. Instead the app only showed the auto land icon, just as if the aircraft was in the air (which I'm fairly sure it wasn't...). I've flown quads before so there was really no big problem lifting off in a "determined manner", but I'm a bit curious about this behaviour.

I have turned off the VPS and am using the 1.1.1 version app on an iPad Mini.

Does anyone have any idea why the auto take-off was disabled in this way?

Yes, that makes sense. It doesn't explain why auto landing was available though...

I remember hearing from DJI (P2+) that on landing the altimeter is used and it determines the ground when the rate of decent reaches 0 (ground)

He he, ok then the only mystery left is why the landing icon was available at all when I still was on the ground :)

That's interesting. I just tried mine with VPS turned off and the Auto-Take - button appears and take-off works fine.
Note that the Auto-Take-Off button won't appear if you have already started the motors.

Reactions: UAVLounge
Finally dared to fly my P3A yesterday after having it for a week...

Most important thing first: It behaved just beautifull, was rock stable and it came back in one piece :)

I've used the week well with calibrating everything and the horizon was perfectly level.

But I couldn't use the auto take-off function, because it was not available. Instead the app only showed the auto land icon, just as if the aircraft was in the air (which I'm fairly sure it wasn't...). I've flown quads before so there was really no big problem lifting off in a "determined manner", but I'm a bit curious about this behaviour.

I have turned off the VPS and am using the 1.1.1 version app on an iPad Mini.

Does anyone have any idea why the auto take-off was disabled in this way?

No Auto Take Off if the motors are already running.

Did you start the motors. If so once you do the two stick start the icon is gone for auto take off.

I have found that if you start the motors, The auto-takeoff feature is gone. If you haven't started the motors, Feature is present and works great. Thanks!

Ok, that is the explanation then. The motors were armed. So, the P3 can actually start flying without being armed... I would never have guessed!

Thanks for the explanation!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic