Auto RTH Video Feed - P3P

Reaction score
I’m having an issue right now where when I travel out far enough to where I lose my video feed and have to trigger the automatic return to home I never get my video feed back.

As you’d expect, when I get out of range, my screen goes black and I get the “No Image Transmission Signal” and it triggers me to return to home. When I do this, however, I never get my image back. The first few times it happened I got my signal back as expected once I was back within range. That doesn’t happen anymore. The drone will fly back and land and I never get it back. I have to turn the drone off and start a new flight before I get my feed again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Just to add one other detail — I always maintain the GPS feed so I can watch the drone flying back to me on the map. Just no image.

When was the last time you re-linked it? Don't know if it has anything to do with it, just wonder if it does. And what app (DJI go or Litchi) are you using, and what revision of it?

I’m using DJI Go. What do you mean by “re-linked”?
Linking the aircraft to controller. Just because you may have done it once doesn't mean it doesn't need it again (DJI is great, but needs a helping hand...)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Linking the aircraft to controller. Just because you may have done it once doesn't mean it doesn't need it again (DJI is great, but needs a helping hand...)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get the feeling that probably isn’t the issue, but I’ll definitely give it a shot once I can get my bird back in the air (there’s a nice little winter storm bearing down on the Midwest this weekend). I’ve searched high and low and can’t find anyone else who had this issue.

It may not be your fix, but it's something to try. I stopped updating long ago. There are no further needed coding that benefits my drone. DJI is a great company, but they've strayed from the wanted path. I run (When I'm not running my favorite: Litchi) DJI 2.9.1, but using this older revision requires a few steps. Quite a few people report using newer DJI revisions has made more complications than it was worth... One of them is loss of signal... (Hint)...

I also run drone firmware: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090. (Also a hint)...

What you could try next time is closing DJI, and clearing processes, then re-opening DJI. Don't worry, the app is independent to the drone's operation. This may re-establish video feed to your delight. (re-establishing feed is heaven).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31