Auto landing

I've had this happen a few times. Same "critically low voltage" message and attempt to land. Throttle up and you can make it back home. Seems to happen when I take off with a battery that's below a certain charge level/percent. And happens soon within taking off. I've never actually noticed if it's with the same battery though. Hmmmm...

I'm sure people will give me stain and say "I would never take off without a fully charged battery! How dare you!". But, when you only need 2 minutes to take a quick picture or video clip of something close, it's always doable.

If the P3 can fly back to me from 5 kms away at 60%, it can fly a few hundred feet away and back at the same voltage. Besides, you take off on a full battery, fly for 3-5 minutes and land. Then you would have a battery not fully charged. Do you charge it again? Or try to use it to its full capacity.

Here are your flights:
You have the same problem in every flight. The battery voltage dips down below the level that causes the "propulsion output is limited" message to appear.

It's normal for the battery voltage to temporarily dip when performing intense maneuvers (e.g. steep ascents). Maneuvers like that should never be attempted with a low battery. If you always start with a full battery, you'll have no trouble climbing at the beginning of your flights.

To the Op, trying to get a feel for your environment.

What was the ambient temp. Outside?
Which firmware's are you using?
Which app. Vr. were you using?

TIA

The battery voltage dips down below the level that causes the "propulsion output is limited" message to appear.

AFAIK recent FW cause that message to appear. And AFAIK that is just an alert informing the user to take it easy? And seeing that alert should not take the AC down (unless some battery cell voltage is really exhausted)??

AFAIK that is just an alert informing the user to take it easy?
It's alert telling the pilot the aircraft is automatically taking an easy on the pilot's behalf. If you ever see that message, you're probably doing something you probably shouldn't be doing (e.g. flying on a low battery).

And seeing that alert should not take the AC down (unless some battery cell voltage is really exhausted)?
I've never seen it take down an aircraft.

The 4 .txt files you attached in the previous post are sufficient, for now at least. You may need to get the .DATs from the P3 later though.
But when I click on them, I get what looks like computer text and not the actual log that I viewed on my device. Also, when I connect my Samsung tablet to my computer(s), all I get is "This folder is empty" with no way to access the data I know is in the device.

But when I click on them, I get what looks like computer text and not the actual log that I viewed on my device. Also, when I connect my Samsung tablet to my computer(s), all I get is "This folder is empty" with no way to access the data I know is in the device.
These files aren't actually .txt files in the usual sense. For whatever reason DJI uses the .txt extension for the log files which are actually binary files. There are several .txt to .csv converters around that will produce a readable .csv file from the .txt. Some of the converters will also provide some analytics. GO here to see a list of the available converters. Also, not mentioned in that list is CsvView.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl