Auto discharge?

phantomi said:
Hi. How a lippo battery can auto discharge if connected to nothing? Thanks!

Well it has been reported here that the 'auto-discharge. feature in fact does work and without knowing the exact design or construction of the 'intelligent' battery PCB one cannot be exact.

My guess is something is being utilized in the balancing section or circuitry to achieve this.

With regards to a typical LiPo sitting on a shelf: there is some inherent self-discharge associated with most if not all chemical batteries as far as I know. The rate depends on design and composition.

Look it up! ;)

I can confirm it works. Had to wait 13 days after updating the battery to 2.6 to test it though. I believe it does discharge by bleeding each cell through the balance circuit.

I'm only into the 6th day of a full charge on the one battery I updated. It will be interesting to see if I get the same results.

Not that I recommend leaving full batteries to rest, but couldn't help but test this one. Note that it supposedly takes a couple of days for the discharge to run its course, so you don't want to touch any of the buttons immediately after 10 days, you'll just reset the timer.

Agreed. Kinda thought so.

Today was the day to check my original DJI battery that was updated to see if the auto battery drain works. Well the battery was fully charged and set aside. I checked today and have two lights full on and the third one blinking. So, I guess it works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl