Batteries again!

Reaction score
When I plan a flight next day, I fill up the batteries but the next day the weather conditions are too bad to fly or I'm not able to to do that for whatever reason.
And the batteries remain in full charged state until they self discharge after five days.
Could this have any affect to the batteries if this happen qiuite often?

Sure. But, you'd have to consider whether or not the longevity of the batteries is more important than missing out on flights because you didn't have time to charge your batteries. And if it becomes a problem, you could then buy more batteries and rotate them so each is not fully charged as often.

And the batteries remain in full charged state until they self discharge after five days.
The Go4 app allows you to adjust the number of days before discharge to anything between 1-10 days.
i-ZkqJGvG-M.jpg

When I plan a flight next day, I fill up the batteries but the next day the weather conditions are too bad to fly or I'm not able to to do that for whatever reason.
My problem exactly! I would say 90% of the time after charging something comes up and I don't fly. Very frustrating! Mine discharge in 5 days also. After 4 years, so far they are okay.

The Go4 app allows you to adjust the number of days before discharge to anything between 1-10 days.
i-ZkqJGvG-M.jpg
Yes, I know that but I've set to 5 days because I don't like to have them full longer. In a 5 years I also didn't notice any problems. Maybe this isn't a problem at all.

Does not matter to the battery if they are discharged by the load of the motors, or the load of the discharge circuit... Should not make any difference

Thanks! Now when you said this it leads to another question.
Should it be better to periodically refill storage batteries too instead of leaving them half discharged for a longer time?

Reactions: jephoto
I don't know the answer to that... But personally, if I am not using my batteries for months at a time, I will usually charge them up every month or so.

Does not matter to the battery if they are discharged by the load of the motors, or the load of the discharge circuit... Should not make any difference
Actually, it makes a huge difference discharging them at 20 or 30 A wears them out way more than just discharging
It’s this high current discharge that wears them out.

Has anyone come up with a good way to partially discharge Mavic 3 batteries for storage level?
That was the one good feature of the phantom, four pro three battery charging dock. That you can flip the switch and have it discharged to 60%

I said this in another thread, all DJI batteries from the P3 upward including all Mavics have intelligent flight batteries, some with programmable days to discharge and some are preset and not changeable, if you can change the days to discharge set it as low as possible, 1 day if you can. It's always better to fully charge immediately before flight and if you can't fly your batteries will suffer the least if they self discharge sooner than later.
That being said, my practice with the batteries for both my Phantom and my Mavic is:
If I land with the battery above 50% I store it as is.
Below 50% I let it cool fully and then fully charge it and store it and let the autodischarge take care of it.
I know when I go to fly all of my batteries will be in the range of 50 to 65% and won't take forever to fully charge when I want to fly. No problems with 3 DJI P3 batteries since 2018 and no problems with my 3 Mavic 3 batteries at all.
I number them and use them in rotation.

Reactions: Mavikhan
I said this in another thread, all DJI batteries from the P3 upward including all Mavics have intelligent flight batteries, some with programmable days to discharge and some are preset and not changeable, if you can change the days to discharge set it as low as possible, 1 day if you can. It's always better to fully charge immediately before flight and if you can't fly your batteries will suffer the least if they self discharge sooner than later.
That being said, my practice with the batteries for both my Phantom and my Mavic is:
If I land with the battery above 50% I store it as is.
Below 50% I let it cool fully and then fully charge it and store it and let the autodischarge take care of it.
I know when I go to fly all of my batteries will be in the range of 50 to 65% and won't take forever to fully charge when I want to fly. No problems with 3 DJI P3 batteries since 2018 and no problems with my 3 Mavic 3 batteries at all.
I number them and use them in rotation.
Excellent! But the problem is if you fly it to let say 20%. What then? Probably full charge and let it to self discharge.
I'm doing so.

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl