ATTI and GPS

Reaction score
Hello

This might be a dumb question (I am very new to the drone world).

Why in the simulator the mode is Ready to Go (GPS), but when I switch to flying I get only the ATTI mode?

Thank you

Is your S1 switch in the middle position?

That makes sense. Like Multicoptertec noted above, your Phantom will auto switch to ATTI mode when it's not able to connect to enough satellites. That's a common occurrence when indoors.

Thank you. It did work outdoors.
However, I was losing camera and aircraft connection at approximately 20m distance.
Any thoughts on that please? Thank you

I have some questions for you:

1) Is your Phantom new or used?
2) Did you have this problem on your very first flight?
3) Did you try adjusting the remote controller antenna (like this)?
4) Are you flying in an area that could potentially have a lot of interference (e.g. around houses that have Wi-Fi)?

1) The Phantom is new
2) This was my first flight
3) Yes and made no difference
4) I was was flying in clear space in a park

Thank you

Hi Dario M,
I can't really give you a answer to why this is happening as I am only 2 weeks into flying.Do you have the standard.
I had exactly the same situation as yourself and after a few frustrating flights of lost signal and aircraft disconnected warnings I gave up.I returned the standard and got a advanced.
First indications suggest the previous errors are no more.
Good luck

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Dario M,
I can't really give you a answer to why this is happening as I am only 2 weeks into flying.Do you have the standard.
I had exactly the same situation as yourself and after a few frustrating flights of lost signal and aircraft disconnected warnings I gave up.I returned the standard and got a advanced.
First indications suggest the previous errors are no more.
Good luck

Scott

Hi Scott
Yes, it's a Standard and it's brand new.
Not great about having to exchange for a more expensive version.
Do you have any problems now? Are you on iOS 10 or Android? And are you on the latest firmware and DJI GO app?
Thanks

Hi Dario M,
I am using a iPhone 5se on iOS 10.The standard requested a update on initial set up so I presume that it updated to the latest firmware.
Out of the 8 flights in various locations I lost video signal on all occasions.Other warnings I was getting were aircraft disconnected,compass error and very high interference warning.It was also in and out of p-gps mode every minute.
I only changed the standard for the advanced yesterday so I haven't done a great deal of flying alough it looks very promising.First flight in beginner mode for about 15 mins no higher the 10 metres and about 25 metres out just to make sure all was ok.Second flight was for 21 mins with a height of 62 metres and at a lower altitude took her over the river (very nervous) about 150 metres.
No errors at all on these 2 flights.So to sum up I am much more confident with the advanced than I would of ever been with the standard.
I hope you resolve your issues.

Scott

Last edited:
1) The Phantom is new
2) This was my first flight
3) Yes and made no difference
4) I was was flying in clear space in a park

Thank you

I thinking you have a bad unit,

On your other post,

Hello
Today I flew my recently bought 3 Standard for the first time.
As soon as the aircraft got to around 25m, either in height or distance or both, I would lose the camera feed or the aircraft connection or both.
I am using the latest App and iPhone 7.
I can see that other people are experiencing range problems with the latest App, but this is really bad.
Thank you

When you say you lose camera feed aircraft connection or both, there is kind of three connections.
The signal the remote sends to the phantom,
The live video from the Phantom.
The telemetry (Data from the Phantom).
Also, the remote is receiving live video and telemetry, then transmitting it back to your mobile device via WiFi and then to the app.

So on that thought are you loosing video and telemetry at the same time, or remote signal, and the unit trying to activate RTH.

These two seem similar,
At least in WiFi signals were or are causing your problems.
How much interference is too much?
Strong interference warning

Its all I got for now, my issues have been loosing remote control signals and the unit wanting to RTH as close as 50'

Rod

I just bought P3S for my son and it requested update so we did and it has all the same issues. Does anyone have a solution for this. very very frustrated. Yes it is new.

Skeeter36,
I flew my standard for 8 flights and wasn't confident flying it on any of those flights.I had all of the above issues.The only solution for me was to return it and buy the advanced.
It is still early days for me with the advanced but up to now it has proven to be in a different league.yesterday I had it up at 100 metres and 550 metres out and all was rock solid.
Hope you get sorted

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31