ATTI and compass error

Reaction score
So there I was flying as normal in my normal spot. With around 16-18 satellites. Then I got compass error. Not a problem. Recalibrated and away I went. Then it changed into ATTI mode, GPS and for a split second said compass error. Now I am near a railway line but that has never happened before. Also the compass error and ATTI switching kept happening over a golf course. Never had that happened. No issues to be found on healthy drones.

However the other week I received a tracking device and I didn't notice that it had a magnet on it as I was placing it by the leg and also on top of the P3A to see if I can Velcro strap it as I wait for the tracking holder to arrive. Would this have caused damaged ? (And the tracking device is not on the P3A at all , it was for a few seconds as I held it near the P3A at the time)

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

We should definitely avoid placing any magnets or even magnetic materials near the legs, they will disturb the calibration totally. Strong magnets can even spoil the compass permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Not necessarily. Try to recalibrate and check if it shows correct directions. Use calibrated phone for running DJI Go app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I know it sounds silly but how do I find out where it says it's facing the right direction? To be honest the actual map when it flies works, but when it said compass error only for a second it still worried me as it done that a few times after 2 calibrations

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.