Attacked by my P4

24acdba6093d1ec0d91578bf75bb317b.jpg

Reactions: rene van der meer
Today I was trying Anti Collision in Litchi during a waypoint mission.
I deliberately stepped in the path. The drone started beeping, but to my surprise after a few seconds it aggressively continued its path. I was just able to duck in time.
Jaws in the air? ;)

The second time the same behavior.
According to the Litch FAQ Anti Collision should work.
Who has experience with it during a mission?
Your Facial Expression in this Clip would be a great opening for any video!

IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG
If you olny knew how bad it can really be...
A few years ago my FC40 lost control and attacked me. One reason I stopped using carbon fiber props too.

View attachment 78230 View attachment 78231 If you olny knew how bad it can really be...
A few years ago my FC40 lost control and attacked me. One reason I stopped using carbon fiber props too.
That is NASTY! I feel your pain! OUCH! Luckily it didn't get near your face!
When I had a P2, I tried to fly indoors and the bird went up to the ceiling and now I have 4 "dimples" in the plaster (lath and plaster)... AND a prop broke the tip and sliced the inside of my wrist... that is NOTHING like your though, and it hurt like he11!
... it slices and dices, blends and chops....

Reactions: G Tek Fab
Ya it wasn't fun for sure, it was like sticking my hand into 8 little carbon fiber ninjas. I'm still finding carbon fiber splinters now and then.

What happened was I finally decided to try out the RTH on my phantom FC40 after having it for about a year. It worked great so later I tried it again and right after it landed where it was supposed to I walked up to it turned the controller back on then tripped and started juggling it. When I caught it I pinned it against my stomach and accidentally pushed the left stick full up. It all happened so fast, I didn't realize what was going on and thought the bird was out of control flying away on me so my first instinct was to put my hand out to stop it. Bad move.

Last edited:
Ya it wasn't fun for sure, it was like sticking my hand into 8 little carbon fiber ninjas
HEY... I have a Ninja (blender) and the knives are SHARP!
Don't know which would be worse though.... broken carbon fiber props or the original plastic ones... either way, when they break the shards are SHARP and spinning FAST, just waiting for something to slice! OOOOO the thought!

Reactions: G Tek Fab
Wow I didn't know the DJI props were that brittle to where they actually break.

OH YEAH.... they break!

Today's electric engines in RC crafts are generally more dangerous than gas engines as they can start and raise full power almost instant with high voltage and amperage, vs gas or turbine requiring more complex and lenghty process to put in motion.

Do not underestimate danger and act safely.

Thank you for my "Laugh of the Day"... I think your analysis is spot on. Love the comment about Christine... think you should rename your bird that... Aloha.

.... or the movie "The Car" (an older horror flick about a possessed car... I liked it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic