ARRIS CM2000 arrived - hmmm, power?

Reaction score
My gimbal arrived Friday and the install didn't take very long and there were no hassles. Fortunately I had a small battery that I use for my FPV that had the same connector as the gimbal. Plugged in the battery an voila! Took it out for a short flight this morning and the video was rock steady; a minor amount of left-right movement that After Effects easily took care of.

So, now the question: power? For my test run I just used my FPV battery but then I had no place to plug in the FPV. I could make a Y cable for the battery. So far I've resisted anything that requires opening up the shell, but I gather that there's an auxiliary power cable I could drop down and then, of course, I'd still need to fashion a Y connector. How big a deal is it to get to the aux power? Am I just fine with a battery and a Y cable? What are your thoughts about this?

careysb said:
My gimbal arrived Friday and the install didn't take very long and there were no hassles. Fortunately I had a small battery that I use for my FPV that had the same connector as the gimbal. Plugged in the battery an voila! Took it out for a short flight this morning and the video was rock steady; a minor amount of left-right movement that After Effects easily took care of.

So, now the question: power? For my test run I just used my FPV battery but then I had no place to plug in the FPV. I could make a Y cable for the battery. So far I've resisted anything that requires opening up the shell, but I gather that there's an auxiliary power cable I could drop down and then, of course, I'd still need to fashion a Y connector. How big a deal is it to get to the aux power? Am I just fine with a battery and a Y cable? What are your thoughts about this?

it's a snap,. you don't even need to crack open the shell.
just carefully look in one of the white rubber grommets and you can use some tweazers to pull the Aux power cord out (you might want to remove the legs as well).
then connect a male JST and you're good to go.
or connecta couple male JST's in tandem to power both your FPV and your gimbal.
much more efficient than hauling around an extra battery.

Gizmo3000 said:
careysb said:

it's a snap,. you don't even need to crack open the shell.
just carefully look in one of the white rubber grommets and you can use some tweazers to pull the Aux power cord out (you might want to remove the legs as well).
then connect a male JST and you're good to go.
or connecta couple male JST's in tandem to power both your FPV and your gimbal.
much more efficient than hauling around an extra battery.

Worked perfectly! Took off one landing skid, pulled the wire out with tweezers, made a Y connection with some connectors bought at a local RC hobby store, covered connections with heat shrink tubing AND DONE!
Haven't flown it yet but I did plug everything in to see if it worked.
A big thank you,
Carey

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic