Armed Drone in my Backyard Recently

Reaction score
I recently spotted an ARMED drone hovering in my backyard. It had what appeared to be pepper spray attached to where go-pros are normally placed. I refrained from shooting it down as it might be a government drone. Should I have shot it down?

(Edit) The police just replied to my report and confirmed that it was an "authorized flight" but refused to give me more information. It's a bit strange.

Last edited:
I recently spotted an ARMED drone hovering in my backyard. It had what appeared to be pepper spray attached to where go-pros are normally placed. I refrained from shooting it down as it might be a government drone. Should I have shot it down?
You should have got a picture of it,,,as far as I know and as much as they annoy some it's still illegal to shoot them down,,you will get charged with something stupid as laws go,,,if it shoots first by all means let rip,cause that self defense but even that probably be a court case,,next time try follow or get picture to back yourself up instead of jumping out blazing saddles style,,,ps,,I let my mate have couple shots at me p3 few years back,missed all 4 shots so hope your eyes are good

Of course you shouldn't be shooting in your backyard.
No it wasn't a government drone and it wasn't armed either.
Shoot it with a camera and post a picture of what you saw.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back when cattle was a lucrative business, prized bulls were shipped to buyers throughout the U.S..
I note there seems to be a resurgence of bull-shipping lately......

What does this have to do with it?
I’m pretty sure he was saying/ implying he doesn’t believe your story. I’m not saying that, just giving my opinion on what that poster meant.

Can you post what you received from the police? As a police officer I’d be interested in seeing their response to your complaint; oh and I doubt it was a weapon or pepper spray if it was a police drone.

(Edit) The police just replied to my report and confirmed that it was an "authorized flight" but refused to give me more information. It's a bit strange.
FYI It's a Federal Offence to shoot a drone down. I doubt that Stand Your Ground applies to a drone.

Good luck. Never shoot down an aircraft of any kind.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Clickbait thread gif. Threw the bait out and reeling you in.

Gezz @BurgerDrones I'm watching you now lol..
20201202_085144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems to be from 2015 never heard about it before maybe FAA stopped it
Ah stupid me I didn't bother read it I just saw the headline,,hey I'll catch up one day lol,,mayby they use to salt and pepper those wild plants

Even the police have to comply with FAA regulations and obtain waivers. Haven’t seen a waiver to carry weapons...

Well turns out that I may have been premature in my earlier assessment. @BurgerDrones appears to be in Pakistan and not in the US or Europe. So my apologies to @BurgerDrones. If you ever see such a thing again, please try to get a photo of it. If it is a Police drone there should be ID emblems visible on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic