ARGTEK WiFi Extender Tested

It's the video signal that's most disappointing, the rc signal is good, but video is lost real quick. ..it has two 7dbi panels for video

Wow. I can't figure out why you are getting such crappy distance. I bought that mod for the video signal. I am happy as a pig in sh$t with the results. I have gotten up to 5000 ft without losing video. Actually I lost my rc signal first and it went into RTH.

Hi mate. Did you hot glue your connectors? I didn't. ...I was wondering whether this might make a difference.
No I didn't because I wasn't convinced I would keep it based on what I had read. My flight tests are based on results I get in the same locations and distances with stock configuration. I don't want to go fly over water to get more distance. They say increases distance over stock antennas and that is not what I get.

Argtek fitted
As anyone measured the 2.4ghz and 5 ghz radio signal from their receiver, has i tried to measue the signal with a mobile app and could only measure 2.4ghs on the left hand side of transmitter (about level -13 dbs channel 2) on the receiver, I couldn't no reading on right hand side. I wondering should the right hand side should be transmitting or receiving?

Last edited:
I left old wifi transmitter w wites inside rc. Do u think that would have an effect?

A high gain omni antenna probably isn't what you want for increased range. The signal pattern would look like a flat pancake emanating from the antenna. So unless you're pointing it directly at the bird, the signal will be missing it.
If not a high fain omni then what will work better

A panel antenna for all 3 antenna. You'd still have to point it at the bird, but the beamwidth would be much larger than an omni.

I've got the DBS01 from ITElite, it effectively doubled my range. That said, maintaining a clear line of sight is very important; any obstructions between remote and UAV will absorb the signal. And the signal from the DBS is more directional that with the stock antennas.

I left old wifi transmitter w wites inside rc. Do u think that would have an effect?
I don't think that would make a difference. ..they are just disconnected bits of hardware sitting in the remote ...can't see how they would affect anything. ..

Yeah I'm testing the hell out of it and if I see no difference I'm returning it. Bc I literally am better off with the stock right now.

I'm amazed at the total amount of reviews for the Argtek antenna mods available. Depending where you read them you get polar opposite results. About half the reviews state stellar results and the other half report no difference or diminished results. I for one would wait until there are some controlled tests performed from sources other than the supplier. A passive gain can only be accomplished by decreasing the beamwidth which results in more precise pointing on the antennas in relationship to the phantom. You can't change physics

I've used the argtec mod for some time now and have been very pleased. Without it, it never got over 1500' w/ it I get 34-3900' all the time. I'm guessing I could get more just not that interested. FW 1.4.60

Argtek fitted
As anyone measured the 2.4ghz and 5 ghz radio signal from their receiver, has i tried to measue the signal with a mobile app and could only measure 2.4ghs on the left hand side of transmitter (about level -13 dbs channel 2) on the receiver, I couldn't no reading on right hand side. I wondering should the right hand side should be transmitting or receiving?

Why would the receiver be transmitting anything on 2.4 ghz???? My understanding is the 2.4ghz is for video and the transmitter is in the Phantom and the receiver just listens at 2.4ghz since it has no reason to transmit video back to the drone. The 5.8ghz on the other hand does transmits control requests to the drone and I believe receives status updates so it works in both directions, both transmit and receiving but at 5.8ghz..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj