ARGTEK WiFi Extender Tested

Flew my argtek mood dji phantom 3 standard yesterday. ..

Found zero difference. ..wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

I followed YouTube video to the t..
Only thing I didn't do was add got glue to connectors. .

Any help appreciated :)

Hi katzmix. Are you flying urban area?
I'm trying urban so far. ..very poor results....yet to try open areas but I was hoping for far better signal after fitting the argtek mod after watching all the vids. .

I'll let you know how I get on. ..which country are you?

Im in new jersey. I an flying in a neighborhood with condos arond. But i thought for sure argtek would be somewhat better.

I'm in UK. I just realised I have a mobile phone mast a hundred metres away!

Have tried flying a mile away in same neighbourhood. ..much better video signal, so I really think it's a case of far too much interference from tele

I'm in UK. I just realised I have a mobile phone mast a hundred metres away!

Have tried flying a mile away in same neighbourhood. ..much better video signal, so I really think it's a case of far too much interference from telephone and wifi...maybe the argtek YouTube vids are marketing bulls**t :(

Same here. Flown it a few times and the best I can tell is getting 50-100'. That's not improvement but more luck maybe, not sure I couldn't do that stock on a good day. Sending mine back or maybe try to sell it.

If your are flying condensed area with a lot of wifi signal around. That will degrade your reception. Try goto the beach and try fly over the water. That is how I tested.

Still need to mount mine... but wonder if I should go through all trouble when I'm reading this :-( I'd assume it has at least the same performance as the stock antenna?
Little bit afraid to break things hehe.

If your are flying condensed area with a lot of wifi signal around. That will degrade your reception. Try goto the beach and try fly over the water. That is how I tested.
Yes understood, but I've tried it urban and compared it to stock. ..no improvement. It should have at least increased the range a bit compared to stock but nothing. I'd love if genuine users of this mod made by argtek could comment?

Reactions: seb evans
Same here. Flown it a few times and the best I can tell is getting 50-100'. That's not improvement but more luck maybe, not sure I couldn't do that stock on a good day. Sending mine back or maybe try to sell it.
Hi mate. Did you hot glue your connectors? I didn't. ...I was wondering whether this might make a difference.

I upgraded with the Argtek and so far after 2 post flights I have seen an improvement of approximately 1000' from the same location as flown with the stock. I haven't pushed it any farther than that so far . I don't think I will get what it was advertised but it has been an improvement for me . And FYI I did hot glue mine just so it wouldn't come off while flying . I don't endorse the Argtek or advise against it , just my results so far .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I upgraded with the Argtek and so far after 2 post flights I have seen an improvement of approximately 1000' from the same location as flown with the stock. I haven't pushed it any farther than that so far . I don't think I will get what it was advertised but it has been an improvement for me . And FYI I did hot glue mine just so it wouldn't come off while flying . I don't endorse the Argtek or advise against it , just my results so far .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Many thanks for that. Ok I guess I'll just have to try a few more times....see what happens

This is where i fly. Home is at the bottom of the photo. I lost signal here. Its on its way back. With out mod i made it to the pool at top.

Attachments

• 1456867157366.jpg
    1456867157366.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 395
I've only managed 1000 feet when I started lose video feed in across a field in town area in the UK temperature was 5 degrees.

A high gain omni antenna probably isn't what you want for increased range. The signal pattern would look like a flat pancake emanating from the antenna. So unless you're pointing it directly at the bird, the signal will be missing it.

A high gain omni antenna probably isn't what you want for increased range. The signal pattern would look like a flat pancake emanating from the antenna. So unless you're pointing it directly at the bird, the signal will be missing it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj