Are your hubs on your Phantom 4 Pro Loose? Here is a fix!

Reaction score
From the reading I've done online, this looks like an issue that a few Phantom 4 Pro's are having. I made a quick video to show you how to fix the loose hub issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know if this helped you out!

Thanks for posting. Disappointing that we have to resort to this type of fix to compensate for yet another quality control issue at the DJI factory.:mad:

From the reading I've done online, this looks like an issue that a few Phantom 4 Pro's are having. I made a quick video to show you how to fix the loose hub issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know if this helped you out!
Awesome man. Mine was fine but I appreciate you bringing it up so it made me check it. Thanks Kman!

Interestingly I have noticed some flutter to on rapid descent but I just checked my hubs on my P4P and they are rock solid. Don't suppose you have a video of the flutter? Maybe what you experienced was different.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Interestingly I have noticed some flutter to on rapid descent but I just checked my hubs on my P4P and they are rock solid. Don't suppose you have a video of the flutter? Maybe what you experienced was different.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
If you are bringing your drone down with full down stick you are gonna get some fluttering for sure. This is in the design of the motors to break up all the prop wash so bird won't get caught in it's own wash and fall out of the sky. If you look closely each motor has a slight tilt or cant to them. But if you come down a little slower you won't get it.

I did this exact same thing. I think the old p4 hubs are solid because they also have the old style Springs underneath the plastic hub well the new style on the p4p it just sits flush on top of the motor and has nothing under it so even though the screws might be the same size. Maybe they should have been shorter I also noticed the screws on my old P4 have more Loctite on them ....the pre-made Loctite finish, which will help the screw stay in.

If you are bringing your drone down with full down stick you are gonna get some fluttering for sure. This is in the design of the motors to break up all the prop wash so bird won't get caught in it's own wash and fall out of the sky. If you look closely each motor has a slight tilt or cant to them. But if you come down a little slower you won't get it.

It has nothing to do with that, you can still get into a Vortex if you come down fast, but that is limited by a maximum descent speed in the craft, the only way to get out of it, is to increase down throttle, and sideways. Throttle up more trying to fight it, will only make it worse.

Angled motors is known as Dihedral.
Dihedral effect of an aircraft is a rolling moment resulting from the vehicle having a non-zero angle of sideslip, youll find that on many fixed wing airplanes, seeing it from the rear or front, the wings have a V-shape.
On a multicopter, in short, this means, that when your craft is moving forward, the front motors will have a more horizontal angle, and the rear more tilted, that way the front motors will generate more lift, while the rear motors produce forward thrust, its an efficiency thing, or pure aerodynamic mathematics if you like.

Although fixing things on your own can be great, i would check with Dji first, if such operations will void the warranty or not, cause if something happens later, and they find parts have been tampered with, they could hold it against you, and say, this is not performed by a certified technician.
Make sure you get those approvals trough a written mail or letter ;)

I did this exact same thing. I think the old p4 hubs are solid because they also have the old style Springs underneath the plastic hub well the new style on the p4p it just sits flush on top of the motor and has nothing under it so even though the screws might be the same size. Maybe they should have been shorter I also noticed the screws on my old P4 have more Loctite on them ....the pre-made Loctite finish, which will help the screw stay in.

I tried using the P4 hubs with the spacer, with the P4P screws and that did not fix the issue. It's strictly a screw issue. Using the screws from the Part 51 kit with the P4P hubs solved the issues.

Thx a lot for the info.

On my P4P one of the motor had the same problem, I fixed it by putting washers between the screws and the white pieces, I used one ring cut from a little spring. coud not find such little washers.
I used Loctite to make sure that the screws.

Will test this afternoon.

Marc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31