Are you using UAV Bits' Strong arms and....

Well thats disappointing. I installed my kit about a week ago just as a precaution against developing cracks. It certainly feels very sturdy and solid when installed so hopefully I'll continue to get lucky here .

How do you balance the props?

I put the strong arms on after about 10 flights. Took them off today after 100 flights to inspect and I have a pretty bad Crack on the left rear arm. Sigh....
Your shell looks pristine with no mars on the plastic from the strong arm pieces. Others report shell scratches after usage. With the length on time you've flown with them, how can that be? And why did you put the stock screws back in? Are you planning to fly without the strong arms now?

I have had the UAVBits kit for a few weeks now, installed it on a brand new shell which I replaced due to the cracks. So far, it looks good, no cracks at all.

I've got 20 hrs so far after install. Removed and checked last night..not a single crack. Re installed and happy as a clam

Reactions: Buckaye
Hello fellow Pilots,
I have an early P3P with 89 flights and over 10 hours of flight time. Props balanced since nearly day 1 and I did not have any evidence of cracking. I installed the UAV Bits product as a preventative measure and was fairly pleased with the outcome. I did clean them up a bit and ground out some of the rougher edges. Installation was simple and straightforward although I did notice the creaking after the installation was complete. The arms are definitely stiffer and feel sturdier and I suspect that the creaking was due to the two plastics moving ever so slightly against each other. Thus far I have had about eight flights with the reinforced arms with no issues whatsoever or experienced any loosening of the screws. Actually with the additional flights the creaking sound has substantially decreased. I will put a few more hours on the arms and then remove the plates to check for any cracks if they ever do form.
Regards,
Albert

Update:
Arms removed after 20 +flights some in very high winds and long flights. No cracks or deformities noted. The P3P has over 115 flights and 300k feet traveled.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447596883.974283.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hebrews12v2

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik