Are you allowed to fly a drone on Disney Property?

I just love this. Who knows what there talking about ?????? You can fly over Disney at 3000 feet AGL. Below that it is considered a " Open air assembly of people " Disney did nothing top create it./ It is EVERY WHERE in the USA.
Major fairs, ball games, whatever . Once so big it is considered a open assembly of people & you must stay 3 miles OR 3000 feet above it.

Just so everyone understands it's not really for safety. It's to keep the fans or what ever on the ground not worry about a low flying aircraft. Any aircraft at 3000 feet if the pilot puts it in a dive NO ONE can stop it. So what does it really do. ????
Just a way to say they did something to keep people safe . BULL !!!!

ONLY <ONLY< ONLY THE FAA CONTROLS THE AIR ABOVE THE GROUND . They say what it is & where we can fly & at what altitude. NO ONE ELSE/. Now again The land owners can regulate what takes off & lands on there property. So you could fly a drone over Disney but at 3000 feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I look at things, I'm glad I head down the road to a county park to fly. Even though GO lets me fly in my neighborhood, looks like that is not the best idea.

Just so everyone understands it's not really for safety. It's to keep the fans or what ever on the ground not worry about a low flying aircraft. Any aircraft at 3000 feet if the pilot puts it in a dive NO ONE can stop it. So what does it really do. ????
Just a way to say they did something to keep people safe . BULL !!!!
No.

If you truly don't believe there's an important qualitative difference for the experience of Disney's customers between a plane flying 3000' over the park and one flying 500', then we'll simply have to agree to disagree, but I feel rather confident that you're in a tiny fringe group of people with very strange ideas.

ONLY <ONLY< ONLY THE FAA CONTROLS THE AIR ABOVE THE GROUND . They say what it is & where we can fly & at what altitude. NO ONE ELSE/. Now again The land owners can regulate what takes off & lands on there property. So you could fly a drone over Disney but at 3000 feet.
Except that you can't fly a UAV anywhere over 400ft AGL, so I guess instead you can't fly a drone 3000' over Disney any more than you can fly one at 300'.

Reactions: PhantomFourPro
Your correct. It all started on 911. I was in Asheville N.C. doing Helicopter rides.
I was the first Helicopter Ride company in the USA to fly a fair after 911. I had to go through the Pentagon & the head FAA office in Wash D.C. It was at the National Fair in Perry Ga. I had to call 1 hour before starting my Rides & get a special Transponder code to identify my Aircraft & after I was finished . I was told to fly away from the fair=grounds then straight back. I was informed if I circled the Fairgrounds " I WOULD BE SHOT DOWN "
The Fair was around Oct 10 , Just 1 month after 911 !!!!!!!
So I do know the rules, it's just do agree with some of them.

I'm NEW to Drones & I'm not sure but I read on this site & it may or not be true. But the limitations are for Part 107 Commercial Drone operators ?? The Rules are just recommended for hobby pilots ???

I agree that the 3000 feet rule is there to keep people from looking up wondering if it's a aircraft ready to do something bad. Please keep in mind in 2002 at a ball game at a Large stadium a low flying Aircraft was a concern. Things settled down by now. Even news choppers could not fly within 3 miles or 3000 feet by the Fair.
My loop hole I found & used was: No Aircraft can not fly below 3000 feet & 3 miles of a open air assembly of people " EXCEPT FOR TAKEOFF & LANDING "
All I did was a $10 2 1/2 minute ride so I was always taking off & landing .

A Drone is not considered a Aircraft by the FAA . So only the local rules & then the property owners can tell you if they will allow you to fly Drones & takeoff / land THERE./

A Drone is not considered a Aircraft by the FAA . So only the local rules & then the property owners can tell you if they will allow you to fly Drones & takeoff / land THERE./
You are 100% wrong.

A drone is most definitely considered an "aircraft".

This is right off the FAA's home page - Unmanned Aircraft Systems

"An unmanned aircraft system (UAS), sometimes called a drone, is an aircraft without a human pilot onboard – instead, the UAS is controlled from an operator on the ground.

When you fly a drone in the United States, it is your responsibility to understand and abide by the rules."

Seriously, where do people get this stuff?

I beg to differ. A part 103 Ultralight is not even considered a Aircraft by the FAA .
The FAA does not regulate a private drone. ONLY a commercially used Drone FOR HIRE !!!!!!!! Read up before you comment !!!!

PART 107 IS FOR COMMERCIAL OPERATORS ./ ARE YOU A COMMERCIAL OPERATOR ???? I'M NOT & MY DRONE IS NOT CONSIDERED A AIRCRAFT BY THE FAA, & THE NTSB Read between the lines !!!!!!!!!!!

As far as PEOPLE I'm a commercial pilot since 1977 & have 13,000 hours flying time. I built 3 aircraft & owned over 20 including 5 helicopters a Pitts S2S aerobatic aircraft a Cassutt Racer , a super cub , & now build ULTRALIGHT engines for a living. I crop dusted for 14 years & did Helicopter rides for 10 years across the USA. What's your background ???

Also if you think what you read , then you better take your Part 107 test before flying again. I operated under part 91. The FAA wanted us to operate under Part 135 . Do you have a clue what I'm talking about ???? DUAAAAA

I had a dream of flying around Disneyland before. Well, CA Adventure.

I mean now we have drones, could just spy on people at the park now.

A few points:
  1. Yes, Disney is a large corporation with an equally large lobby in DC; witness the annual increasing of the copyright term to keep "Steamboat Willie" out of the public domain. It's not unexpected that they would have the clout to arrange their own TFR. (The rightness or wrongness of such an action is left to the reader to determine.)
  2. As mentioned already, the FAA has a generic TFR that designates certain events as restricted airspace zones, like the Super Bowl, MLB games, NASCAR races, etc. Usually it's three miles out and 3000 feet AGL beginning one hour before the event starts and expiring one hour after the event ends. [edit: annoyingly, the Go app doesn't always take this into account so sometimes stadiums end up as no-fly zones even when they aren't.]
  3. Contrary to popular belief, there is no law that states Part 101 fliers must stay below 400 feet AGL. The FAA strongly recommends doing so, and would certainly look much less favorably on someone who did something stupid above that altitude, but the 400 foot rule is only codified for commercial pilots in §107.51. Although honestly with the cameras on the assorted Phantoms, once you get above that height you're kind of limited in the detail you can capture, IMO. And for gods' sake, if you're going to do it, try not to kill anyone or wreck anything, the last thing we need are more goofballs crashing into the Space Needle.
  4. UASs are most definitely aircraft as defined by the FAA in section 336 of PL 112-95 and §101.41. What has yet to be established, and probably won't be until someone actually brings a suit, is whether they qualify as aircraft under 18 USC 32 and as such whether shooting down someone's drone can land you in the hoosegow/pokey/cooler/slammer/big house/clink. (I <3 Dictionary.app :p)

That is incorrect. Back in the 80s they wanted to build their own small airport on their property,FAA shut them down. several years ago they want to build a tram that ran directly from OIA to Disney, D.O.T told them no.

Oh really? Please go back and read the thread...

disney_fl_68-75_dhc-6-jpg.74748
airfields_fl_orlandosw_htm_78c5157c-jpg.74749

I beg to differ. A part 103 Ultralight is not even considered a Aircraft by the FAA .
The FAA does not regulate a private drone. ONLY a commercially used Drone FOR HIRE !!!!!!!! Read up before you comment !!!!

PART 107 IS FOR COMMERCIAL OPERATORS ./ ARE YOU A COMMERCIAL OPERATOR ???? I'M NOT & MY DRONE IS NOT CONSIDERED A AIRCRAFT BY THE FAA, & THE NTSB Read between the lines !!!!!!!!!!!

As far as PEOPLE I'm a commercial pilot since 1977 & have 13,000 hours flying time. I built 3 aircraft & owned over 20 including 5 helicopters a Pitts S2S aerobatic aircraft a Cassutt Racer , a super cub , & now build ULTRALIGHT engines for a living. I crop dusted for 14 years & did Helicopter rides for 10 years across the USA. What's your background ???

Also if you think what you read , then you better take your Part 107 test before flying again. I operated under part 91. The FAA wanted us to operate under Part 135 . Do you have a clue what I'm talking about ???? DUAAAAA
151673-whoa-calm-down-youre-yelling-g-3QPp.gif

Lets try to keep this civil. No need to use all caps.

Reactions: anotherlab

I'm a private pilot, too. Instrument rated but not commercial. I wanted to bang my head every time I heard one of the employees say that Disney was a no fly zone. I kept trying to explain the TFR and that a lot of the property existed outside of the TFR. Bottom line, security can ask you to leave if they see you take off or land from their property. I read the same thing in the rules for flying in national parks. You can't take off or land from within the government lands. My problem was that Disney didn't have this listed anywhere that I could find with my google skills, and none of the employees could provide me with anything written. Everyone was going by what they were told. Even the guy at Disney security sounded agitated talking with me when I started asking for better explanations and where I could find the info. In their defense, they do list it as prohibited within the parks, but nothing for the adjacent housing. I just don't understand why they don't make it more readily available. As I said before, I just wanted to take some video of the nearby lagoon. One lady did make me laugh; she said the drones would interfere with the boat radios.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj