Are they really blaming it on a drone?

I thought they said it was a balloon.

Not every UFO is a drone...best we get some facts first...news is always after the sensational first.....before the facts. I have not heard directly from the pilots so who knows. If it was over Lake Ontario more than a few hundred meters from shore, most UAVs would be dead and fall out of the sky by the time they got to 9,000 feet.

Here's a fact
Inspire climb speed is 5m/s at low altitude so if one took off and went straight up it would take about 18-20min to get there because climb speed would slow as the air gets thinner. To get out over the lake any distance at that altitude is virtually impossible.

Not saying the pilot did not believe it was a drone during a few seconds of decision time, but unlikely ... likely.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hmm ... about 15 miles offshore and two miles high, it must have been a drone.
Isn't that the first thing you'd think of in that location?
toronto-porter-flight-near-miss-graphic.jpg

Reactions: David Cooke
They are saying it was about 3 meters wide. That's not any drone I know of.

Do the planes and tower not have radar?

Hmm ... about 15 miles offshore and two miles high, it must have been a drone.
Isn't that the first thing you'd think of in that location?
toronto-porter-flight-near-miss-graphic.jpg
There's no small drone can make it out over the water that far let alone to 9000ft . . let's not blame the pilot though . . it's the press who want to hype this. YES I'd think it might be a drone coming right at me and YES I'd probably talk about it as a drone or a balloon or something . . UFO . . but let's stop the HEADLINES and give people a chance to investigate and reflect on what happened before jumping on the bandwagon.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31