Are these DJI upgrades that other's have done themselves?

Reaction score
I finally opened the lid on my P2V+ V3. This was ordered from B&H Photo two weeks ago. It would appear that the motor wires have been glue attached to the ESC boards as others have mentioned doing themselves.

Also, the lid seems to have a copper shielding already on it. Is this what others have done themselves?

Also, I've confirmed all four ESC's are version 2.1. All of the motor wires are the single strand type though.

I'll likely do some cooling mods I've seen posted. Just looking to see if the copper shielding and glue on the wires is something fairly new by DJI that's now being implemented based upon users modifications.

aGm3IEu.jpg

fnEqsgE.jpg

RG3LxFc.jpg

IkPRn2t.jpg

Yep. DJI copied our mods. Seems we were all $1300 beta testers.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
DYYOQdu.jpg

I placed this into a General Forums post, but will add it here as well. This is pretty critical from my 25+ years of aviation experience.

In the picture above, there is a grey wire routed over one of the GPS antenna leads on my P2V+ V3.

It goes from the GPS module itself to the PCB. I'm not going to dismount the PCB to find out exactly what this wire does. I suspect it provides power of some sort in addition to the other two wires attached in the same fashion.

Wire insulation on metal is something we in aviation would fix and/or repair IMMEDIATELY. Then, install such devices as to prevent chaffing in the future. Things like this have brought down aircraft throughout our history of flight. Simple, small things that had the engineers of been paying attention to could have saved lives. In this case, drones. The vibrations from rotary wing aircraft are pretty severe, much more so than fixed wing aircraft. Just the nature of the beast. While this drone isn't capable of variable pitch blades, it depends on motor speed to produce lift instead of a continuous engine speed and variable pitch, the vibrations experienced in flight are almost as severe as a variable pitch aircraft.

I wonder if this isn't a contributing factor to some of the true flyaways recorded by various DJI/other drone/aircraft owners. Wire against wire isn't something I'm terribly concerned with. However, wire against a hard surface IS something I will remedy before the cover goes back on and the next flight. It is critical that any solution one uses is nonconducting. So cloth tape or foam strips are what I'm left with at first glance. Some of the internal IMU wires are laid right up against the IMU module itself. Not good. Not at all. Other wires lay right up against the PCB. Again, NOT good at all.

I've also noted some other wires against hard surfaces. I'm going to leave the cover off and get myself some foam strips and cut them to size to place in-between the multiple areas I've identified. Cloth tape has a way of coming off in high heat areas.

This isn't acceptable out of a $1200 setup. The drone, two batteries and a nice case. If the drone is damaged, nothing else is worth much when I compare the drone to the articles that came with it.

The GPS module is in the lid.

I would just wiggle that gold wifi connection off and reconnect it above the white wire. Good catch. I will have to check mine. A bit of foam insulation between is a good idea at any hard contact points.

While you're at it, check out the multiple wires up against the sharp corner of the wifi unit in the lower left of your photo. Considering how hot some wifi units seem to get, I'd also be concerned about the wire insulation melting from constant contact. Had it open just the other day. Looks like I'll be popping the top again.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues