Are the Chinese New Year guys out there?

Reaction score
I picked up one of these the other day. Per the previous owner, no flaws of any kind.
Yes, I did my normal inspection prior to handing him the money and I was a bit pressed for time because of a planed trip out of town. So, in the closet it went for a week. Now that I’m home, I’ve found the flaw that I missed. Right at the end of one of the arms, where the plastic led reflector slides into the upper shell, is a crack. It looks to me to be a stress crack because of the plastic reflector being to tight of a fit. My guess is it’s related to the paint used when this was made that has taken up some of the space where this reflector installs. So my question is........ am I the only one with this issue, or are there others???
47EDEF40-4D24-4095-AFBD-84D234D0A4DB.jpeg
2A223B2F-41E7-413F-9FF2-70720866756E.jpeg

Not have one but guess it looks good,,have seen them on eBay in past,yes odd place to crack ,if mine I just pop the clip out ,dab of glue in there put clip in,you could even shim one side of clear clip with blade to make the crack close,,,,anyway that thing looks great,,does it have same specs

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I’m thinking the only difference on these is paint. The glue is a definite yes, as soon as I decide where to remove some material to relieve the stress. I definitely don’t want it to crack off completely.
Hopefully someone has seen this issue and will pass on their clue to how they solved it. I have a method in mind, but I’ll wait for some input. Not a lot of these out there and I don’t want to turn this into a bigger issue.

So my question is........ am I the only one with this issue, or are there others???
That would depend on the issue that you are relating to. In specific, is this aircraft "painted" as it appears? If so, that should have been an immediate warning flag.

That would depend on the issue that you are relating to. In specific, is this aircraft "painted" as it appears? If so, that should have been an immediate warning flag.
I sort of did wonder that cause me thought the plastic itself is red not a paint unless it some sort of power coating but even unsure on that,,it certainly looks like a new year one from pictures,,and still look nice

Reactions: Capt KO

It was an official DJI (limited) offering.

I’m thinking the only difference on these is paint. The glue is a definite yes, as soon as I decide where to remove some material to relieve the stress. I definitely don’t want it to crack off completely.
Hopefully someone has seen this issue and will pass on their clue to how they solved it. I have a method in mind, but I’ll wait for some input. Not a lot of these out there and I don’t want to turn this into a bigger issue.
What's it like inside battery box,,does it look original in there,,red paint will scratch back white so I'm sure it should come from factory being a red plastic,,sound right ??but the decals are flawless so hard to say

Reactions: Capt KO
Reactions: Shoot4fun
Battery area is white.
The battery compartment is a separate piece so, it could still be red plastic. C'Mon what is it, paint or plastic? And it is cute. I also don't believe the crack is going to keep you from flying. Good luck on the repair. Have fun fly safe

I lied. It’s more a cream color in there.View attachment 113304
I think it’s beautiful but I don’t dare give you advice on how to repair it. You’d kill me if it didn’t work. But the answer would have depended on whether it was red plastic or painted. No, I have never seen a crack like that before. Best of luck

Ok to me looks original, is rc red,,battery come in red but I sure it's just the end clip with white battery caseView attachment 113305it looks like some sort of custom print on shell , not so much a decal you can feel,,I still think it cool asView attachment 113306
Can’t find a source at this time but, if I recall, the graphics are hydro-dipped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers