Approved devices

Reaction score
Have not been on here in a while. I hope everyone out there is doing well. My question today involves “approved devices”. I have a P3s that I flew using an iPhone 6 Plus. My phone died and I upgraded to an iPhone 8 Plus not even thinking about drone control. The software does not work apparently with this combo. I have contacted dji several times and they say it will not run on the 8. I am looking at purchasing a tablet and received a list of acceptable devices. The ipod Pro WiFi is on the list. I have been looking at the ipod Pro wifi+cell which is not listed. Dji tells me they do not know if that tablet will work. Imagine that. Can anyone out there tell me if they fly with a P3s with that configuration. Thanks

The ipod Pro WiFi is on the list. I have been looking at the ipod Pro wifi+cell which is not listed. Dji tells me they do not know if that tablet will work. Imagine that. Can anyone out there tell me if they fly with a P3s with that configuration.
Unfortunately DJI's "help" people don't always live up to expectations.
If the iPad pro wifi works, any other configuration of the iPad pro will also work.
Whether it has cellular capability makes no difference.
It will have the same processor, which is what matters.

Unfortunately DJI's "help" people don't always live up to expectations.
If the iPad pro wifi works, any other configuration of the iPad pro will also work.
Whether it has cellular capability makes no difference.
It will have the same processor, which is what matters.

Thank you for your reply. That’s what I told them as well but was told they are two totally different devices. That makes no sense to me but I don’t want to spend the money if it doesn’t work. I really don’t see why the iPhone 8 will not work it is the same operating system as the I pad. I’m not an engineer though so I guess I’m at their mercy.

Thanks for the reply. The iPhone 8 and iPad with cell are listed for dji go but it doesn’t specify for the standard. That is the issue I’m running into. Both devices will run all AC except the P3s. I guess they are trying to phase them out and make you buy a newer model. I stay very busy and don’t get to fly a lot so my standard does fine for me. I use mine primarily to find cattle herds as I have a large ranch and it saves me a lot of time in that regard. I have everything set up like I want it and have no need to upgrade. Kinda sucks but that’s how it goes I suppose.

I know there are a lot of people out there flying P3's. I wish they would answer your post. It would make life a lot easier for you. You might find a cheap mobile device somewhere. The paper or E bay may have a older device. Apples work the best for P3. If you find one, make sure you right it off for business.

I know there are a lot of people out there flying P3's. I wish they would answer your post. It would make life a lot easier for you. You might find a cheap mobile device somewhere. The paper or E bay may have a older device. Apples work the best for P3. If you find one, make sure you right it off for business.

Thank you for your reply. I ordered the WiFi cell model and hoping for the best. No reply from dji still was promised a reply within 48 hrs. It’s been 4 days. Guess they don’t know. Imagine that. Thanks again.

I had the iPhone 7 Plus and upgraded to the iPhone X and have had no issues...I’m flying the P3S...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers