Apple vs Android

Apple or Android? Which one do you use?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many people are using Apple compared to Android for their Phantoms so I set up a poll to get results. Also wondering about performance differences between the two platforms as I'm thinking of picking up an Apple iPad air 2 or iPad mini 4. Thank you for participating. And fly safe!

The performance really depends on the specs of the devices you're comparing. There are many inexpensive Android devices that are not powerful enough to run DJI GO. All current Apple models work right out of the box.

The performance really depends on the specs of the devices you're comparing. There are many inexpensive Android devices that are not powerful enough to run DJI GO. All current Apple models work right out of the box.
That's why I'm considering an iPad 2 air , I've never really been a fan of apple but that can all change

That's why I'm considering an iPad 2 air , I've never really been a fan of apple but that can all change
get nvedia shield k1 its awesome

I don't think the OS matters much. To me a bigger screen is more important as long as it's a fairly recent device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had and iPad Mini 2 wifi taking dust as my main is an iPad mini 4, runs really well for its age, and I use it only with the P4 for flying.

Tried iPhone 6 as well, no issues either so from these models and on and also the 5SE if you fancy an even smaller screen will give you a frustration 3 experience with the current DJI Go app and DJI models.

You never left an option for both :)

I have an iPad Pro and a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I get the best of both worlds. I like Android for phones, but I like the feel of Apple tablets better.

I use them both, but I tend to use the iPad more because I like the larger screen.

Reactions: Ismael231
I love my iPad Air 2. It's the 16GB version but it's dedicated to my P4 so everything non drone related has been removed. Seems rock solid.

You should search the history, this question is asked more times a week then i can remember. And this topic usually gets shut down by the moderators because it's been beaten to death, over and over, week after week. The Apple guys always say Apple is the best and the Android guys say Android is the best.
And Android has lots of great tablets that run the DJI-Go app flawlessly for less money.
A good comparison is between the Apple iPad Mini 4 and the Nvidia Shield K1. The Nvidia Shield beats the iPad Mini 4 hands down on performance for ½ the price... People pay more for their Apple products because that's who the Apple Guys trust.

Here's a couple pages -
The first is the Nvidia test page results between the 2 tablets.
NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 vs. iPad mini 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2!

Best Tablet 2016: 10 best tablets you can buy

Apple -
iPad mini 3 review

Some great recent topics from our forum here -
Smartphone, tablet, Apple or Android

Tablet choices - good screen

iPad mini 4 or Nvidia Shield k1

Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

What Tablet Are You Using, and Are You Happy?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
I started off with my old iPhone 5. Bad camera live view. Picture always breaking like signal is poor. Tried Samsung s2 tab. Impressive. Now I have my iPhone 6plus connected it's like was built for it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

iPad pro 12.9" and a coat hanger... You have the best viewing device! Plan and simple the quality and consistency is hands down the best.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You should search the history, this question is asked more times a week then i can remember. And this topic usually gets shut down by the moderators because it's been beaten to death, over and over, week after week. The Apple guys always say Apple is the best and the Android guys say Android is the best.
And Android has lots of great tablets that run the DJI-Go app flawlessly for less money.
A good comparison is between the Apple iPad Mini 4 and the Nvidia Shield K1. The Nvidia Shield beats the iPad Mini 4 hands down on performance for ½ the price... People pay more for their Apple products because that's who the Apple Guys trust.

Here's a couple pages -
The first is the Nvidia test page results between the 2 tablets.
NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 vs. iPad mini 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2!

Best Tablet 2016: 10 best tablets you can buy

Apple -
iPad mini 3 review

Some great recent topics from our forum here -
Smartphone, tablet, Apple or Android

iPad mini 4 or Nvidia Shield k1

Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

What Tablet Are You Using, and Are You Happy?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's defo not about which device is better or not, more so what people use.

For sure Apple devices are overpriced and that K1 tablet at 200 bucks is surely a screamer.

At the end of the line it's what works best for each.

If you're in the Android ecosystem, I wouldn't swap just for the sake of the DJI Go app solely or vice versa, just make sure the device you pick runs the app smoothly with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31