App won't connect.

Also when you delete and uninstall the app... The folders are still left behind on your phone. Make sure to delete these too as it will keep the old settings when you reinstall the app. I learned this the hard way. Try that option and see what happens on your phone

With "Connect" showing, the phone isn't yet connected to the drone/controller wifi... as far as the disconnect issue, its most likely your phone. I've been fighting the same issue with a galaxy amp prime.
Yeah. The thing is, on my Nexus 6, if I swipe it right (to the ASPIRE selection screen) the Connect button does appear and will let me click it. That's where all my confusion came from. When I do that on the Nexus 6 the Go app will show me a dark screen with "Disconnected" in gray at the top. I need to try to figure out how to get the Phantom 3 in the Go app to allow me to connect with the Nexus 6. I'm also going to try it on my new tablet after the UPS man pays me a visit today. Sure hope it works!

Also when you delete and uninstall the app... The folders are still left behind on your phone. Make sure to delete these too as it will keep the old settings when you reinstall the app. I learned this the hard way. Try that option and see what happens on your phone
Thanks. I tried this and all it did was have me accept the agreement again the first time I launched Go. Unfortunately the Phantom 3 selection problem still remained.

Last edited:
I have a headache now, and its *thiiiiiisss* big!
Let me know how that new tablet works out for you. Gotta love them UPS/USPS guys (heck, even fedex), they make my day all the time.
Being a tech for well over 30 years, i should have known about the folders being left behind... which i did, but i just didn't bother to wipe them every time. I'll give that a try on the flaky phone today (running Jellybean on the amp prime btw, and the new prime 2 is on Nougat).

*searches frantically for a BC powder*

Reactions: Neon Euc
Just tried the Go app on a very old Amazon Fire tablet that I forgot I owned and the Go app connected to my Phantom 3 perfectly!

Maybe it's time to get rid of my trusty Nexus 6. :(

Just tried the Go app on a very old Amazon Fire tablet that I forgot I owned and the Go app connected to my Phantom 3 perfectly!

Maybe it's time to get rid of my trusty Nexus 6. :(
Wow, you lucky pup! I've been trying it on every moth-balled phone and tab i can lay my hands on. My galaxy tab3 (7") will kinda load the app, but is so hideously laggy its unusable for flight. So far, the only phone I'm having 100% luck with is the wife's new Amp Prime2... and yeah, she may suddenly find it super glued to my P3 transmitter [emoji19]

Let us all know when UPS drops the new tablet off today along with how it handles the ware... at $150 with SIM capability, I might have to jump on one of those myself. I just got a new phone/tablet mount to replace the stock wobble holder, and i want to use the tablet side in the worst way! (Its an awesome nice aluminum spring loaded 2-sider from Amazon, and its rock solid! If anyone is interested I'll post a link).

Off to argue with the P3S for a bit! Atleast my Spark is less of a little biatch, haha.

I want to bring some closure to this thread.

I dug up a very old Nexus 5 and got it to work perfectly with my Phantom 3. Given that I've now successfully used three different devices with my new Phantom, I turned my attention back to the Nexus 6. I got that one to work too. All I had to do was DISABLE DATA and it then connected without issue. Not sure why this was the only device I had to do that with, but it now works. Once connected, I can enable data.

The ZTE Trek 2 HD tablet I received is going back. I don't recommend it unless you are an AT&T customer and don't mind their bloatware. That aside, the one I received had a touch screen that would not work reliably.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Now, it's time to fly.

Now, if we can all put our collective intelligence together and come up with a universal fix... unfortunately, the samsung products I'm using kill their own data connection whenever wifi is attached to anything, even when the connected whatever has no internet. Smart network switch is no help, in fact it hinders connection to the drone controller since it has no internet access to offer. Ughs.

That being said, I am having better luck getting my galaxy amp prime (V1) to behave finally. The original problem began when I tried to run GO4 on the same phone as Go (legacy). Before loading GO4, GO worked fine, unless I was trying to connect with strong interference.

MY fix appears to be the following: Completely uninstall both GO and GO4, making sure to delete any and all dji folders in the system (sd and device). Reboot device, and do a fresh install of GO. Run back through the setup process, making sure interference is minimal. Voila, perfect video feed out past 500m (~1640ft).

Another point worth noting: If you experience any messages about "low transmission/video quality", try a reboot on the controller (only) and give it a minute or so. Everything should reconnect and the controller link should be solid. This is what is working for me anyway, and i was just about ready to box my P3S AND Spark back up for return while the returning was good. Gonna have to keep em both now, and I'm absolutely loving the Spark btw!

Thanks to everyone who are working to make our lives easier, despite our choice to invest in DJI products! The hardware seems rock solid, the software however, well, *ahem*. Happy flying all!!!

Reactions: m.a.c.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94