App won't connect.

Reaction score
Edit: Please see post #5 in this thread. The Go app is showing "Disconnected" state even though the phone is directly connected to the Phantom.

Edit: Please see post #26 in this thread for the solution to my problem.

Hi, Just received my new (refurb) Phantom 3 and I'm having problems getting it to connect properly. In the process of debugging I noticed that the gimbal and camera are very hot. Is this considered normal? 116F (47C).

DNxozFw.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Just received my new (refurb) Phantom 3 and I'm having problems getting it to connect properly. In the process of debugging I noticed that the gimbal and camera are very hot. Is this considered normal? 116F (47C).

DNxozFw.jpg

Yes, the camera can get hot. I usually turn on a fan directly to the aircraft if I will not use the props on.

it will get warm if your not flying it, put a fan on it anytime you turn it on without flying as suggested. it will help tremendously

Thanks for the confirmation. Not sure if I should start another thread for the underlying problem...

I received the drone today, charged up the battery and controller while I read the manual. Loaded the app on my Android device, signed up with DJI and registered the serial number of my unit. The problem is when I go into "camera view" on the "Go" app I don't see anything, and the top of the screen says "Disconnected". I've rebooted my phone and cycled the controller and Phantom a few times.

Edit: Also, when I try to click the "Equipment" button in the Go app nothing happens, although it doesn't appear to be disabled.

The controller has all 5 LEDs green and the Phantom has its front lights solid red and rear lights blinking green.

Not sure what else to try.

have you connected to the drone through WIFI using the 12341234 password

Reactions: m.a.c.
Yes I did that. The SSID appears on my Android device and that's the password I used. The phone says it's connected but the app says otherwise.

yQfHxTB.png

GrwEQR2.png

zThpyQ4.png

IS the rc connected to the ac? The led on side of the ac for linking should be a solid green.
Otherwise try force stopping the app and restarting. If that doesnt work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Be sure all devices nearby(Cell phones) have wifi turned off.

The light on the bottom is solid green. I also re-paired the two and they linked up as described in the YT tutorials. I reinstalled the Go app (pre-Phantom 4) on my Nexus phone and the version is 3.1.11. I went as far as reinstalling the firmware and it's running P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin.

The only cell phone I have is the Nexus that I'm running the Go app on.

Did I get a dud or is there anything else I can try?

w3ABAd7.jpg

I forced stopped the app and now I have slightly different behavior after launching it. The app is now displaying "Remote Controller Signal Weak" and it's flashing red (although the controller, phone and drone are all within a foot). Some of the screens now show some information but the camera still doesn't display any video. The take-off control now allows me to swipe it but that operation fails. The wi-fi tab now shows my SSID and password, which it wasn't before.

Edit: The app is now behaving as before, showing "Disconnected", after restarting it a few times.

Last edited:
Ask a friend with another device (a recent iPhone or iPad would be best, as DJI seems to favor Apple products) to load DJI GO and try to connect, just to rule out an unlikely problem with your phone: if the issue is still there, send it back to DJI under warranty.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with an Apple product to try and don't think there is anything wrong with my Nexus 6. I've written to DJI. Major disappointment considering this unit was supposedly factory refurbished and purchased from DJI. Guess it's now the waiting game waiting for their email response.

Thanks for the help, everyone. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

I forced stopped the app and now I have slightly different behavior after launching it. The app is now displaying "Remove Controller Signal Weak" and it's flashing red (although the controller, phone and drone are all within a foot). Some of the screens now show some information but the camera still doesn't display any video. The take-off control now allows me to swipe it but that operation fails. The wi-fi tab now shows my SSID and password, which it wasn't before.

Edit: The app is now behaving as before, showing "Disconnected", after restarting it a few times.
Did you sort it,,could try in your settings you can click on warnings and clear or have you try this..i do have older version but sure it still there,,also notice your switchs ,always like that ,mine always up....andriod works aswell if have around just to eliminate the apple

Last edited by a moderator:
The only warnings are "Take-off Failed" and those were from the one occasion where the app sort of showed it connected to the controller. I have a new Android tablet on the way and I'll try the Go app on it. Still don't think it's an Android device problem; just my gut feeling, but I'll know maybe tomorrow with the other device.

Is email the best way to contact DJI support or should I call them? Should they offer to replace this one (which I hope they do) any idea how long that process could take?

The only warnings are "Take-off Failed" and those were from the one occasion where the app sort of showed it connected to the controller. I have a new Android tablet on the way and I'll try the Go app on it. Still don't think it's an Android device problem; just my gut feeling, but I'll know maybe tomorrow with the other device.

Is email the best way to contact DJI support or should I call them? Should they offer to replace this one (which I hope they do) any idea how long that process could take?
Since you got device comin should try but call or emall and see what they say,,anything that gota go back takes time from some posts here,never know might get some good service,,still thinking on this ,,see what i can find................wow eyes fallin out from searching,only found couple posts where some seem to cure with taking sd card out on start up,somehow makes camera picture work,could be bad cam board as some i read or device,this one bit tricky not one fix for all , nother thing was the transmission channel setting ,could see if channel change work since sposed to be live feed,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have a new development. I was able to pry my wife's phone out of her hands, installed the identical Go app on it and logged into my account. Her phone was able to connect and I was able to actually control the drone and view the camera on the screen.

Here's a side-by-side pic of her phone on the left (Galaxy S8-plus) and mine on the right (Nexus 6). Both are running Android 7.0. Her phone shows the Camera button after selecting PHANTOM 3 from the drop-down; mine does not. This is the root cause of the problems I'm experiencing.

Why would her phone "connect" and mine not? Both phones are using the same version OS and standard/similar connection settings (no proxy; DHCP).

7Ws1VOf.png

Welcome to the wonderful world of android. I miss my android devices but don’t miss the constant rooting around to get things working. With so much variation in hardware spec and network operators custom firmware compatibility problems are all too frequent. When you get them working though they are awesome...

You'd think that the Vanilla Android on the Nexus would work without issue. Guess there is some testing lacking on this default Android device. The tablet I ordered is a ZTE Trek 2 8" tablet HD running Android 6.0. Sure hope it works! Hope DJI also has a fix for Android 7.0 on Nexus.

Well, I have a new development. I was able to pry my wife's phone out of her hands, installed the identical Go app on it and logged into my account. Her phone was able to connect and I was able to actually control the drone and view the camera on the screen.

Here's a side-by-side pic of her phone on the left (Galaxy S8-plus) and mine on the right (Nexus 6). Both are running Android 7.0. Her phone shows the Camera button after selecting PHANTOM 3 from the drop-down; mine does not. This is the root cause of the problems I'm experiencing.

Why would her phone "connect" and mine not? Both phones are using the same version OS and standard/similar connection settings (no proxy; DHCP).

7Ws1VOf.png
With "Connect" showing, the phone isn't yet connected to the drone/controller wifi... as far as the disconnect issue, its most likely your phone. I've been fighting the same issue with a galaxy amp prime. Sometimes it'll connect and work fine, out to 500m with perfect video quality... other times, its fight me all the way. Usually it jumps between models on the load screen and i have to time it just right to get in, but always with errors/disconnected/low video signal message/etc. Dumping and reinstalling the app helps sometimes, but bot always. Interference makes life hell on these things too, and it doesn't take much! The ONLY real fix I've found is use a different phone that can handle the video feed better, ie: my wife's new galaxy amp prime 2, which so far, has worked flawlessly (Murphy, don't read this puleeeaze!)

Oddly, my amp prime (1) has no problems running Go4 with my Spark. 500m with zero lag or dropout on video. Good luck buddy! Keep us posted, and I'll shout back with anymore bright ideas I manage to come up with as well.

Devices should have at least 2gigs of ram and high Cpu rating(dont know what number). Glad you solved most of the mystery. I use android since day one without serious issues. Tell your wife she cant have her phone back:) Andorid version 7.0 has been known to be gllitchy in some phones withthe phantom. My new Galaxy S2 auto updated to 7.0 auto scaring heck out me, but seems to be ok.
Good diagnotsic photo and rx by trying anohter device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4