App showing flight path

Reaction score
Yesterday, I updated my P3P's firmware to the latest. Initially I was going to wait until the Android version of the DJI GO app was available, but according to lots of posts here, there's no issue with updating the firmware, but still using the previous version of the app.

So I went out to fly, and noticed in the map (bottom left corner), it wasn't updating with the position of my P3P. Even though I flew it out 1000 feet away from me, the map was still showing the P3P in it's home spot. I really grew worried, and tuned it right around and landed it.

I had good satellite coverage, 19 satellite signals, it was in GPS mode but the map just wouldn't update with it's real time position. Could this be the newer firmware not jiving 100% with the app, or is there something else I should look into?

Also, a side question if I may on the Android app... I'm using an Nvidia Shield tablet, how do I cache maps on it?

how do I cache maps on it?
FYI it's the same process using any device. Load the app when you have an internet connection, click on the map and drag it around so all the tiles of your flight location are filled in. You have to zoom into street level if you require that level of granularity (which I assume you would).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.