App Disconnections very disconcerting

Hi BBFPV,

Do you know if a samsung galaxy s4 with android 5.0.1 is compatible? Or an HTC one Mini with 4.4.2?
If you can install the app on them, then they're technically compatible. I doubt the performance will be on par with what you'd like, but they might work for your tests, since you're only testing disconnects, not crappy framerate. But, something a bit more modern would be a better test case imo.

Hi,
I've been flying 20 flights now and I use the Ipad mini 2 that I bought for this. Last night I had my first "disconnect" and it was after I updated to 1.1.9 which I did 2 hours before the flight. I have been running many other apps at the same time plus I have wifi on and I never tried this before.
Personaly I think it's something to do with the new firmware but we have to wait and see.
Will try to keep backgound app running to a minimum from now on.

I just received my 2nd p3 yesterday. Flew many packs through it on 1.1.9 and did not have any disconnects. Haven't received one DC on either craft. I do not think its fw related.

My App disconnected last night after i pressed the short cut button on the back to go to maps. The map came up for a split second and then the App disconnected. Going to test pressing the same button later a few times and see how it goes. Hope it was just a one off clitch.

If an Android tab has the same issue, the only thing left to switch out would be the controller. Assuming you don't know anyone else with a P3 that you could borrow a controller from, and since it appears you've tried everything else imaginable, the only thing left to do is send her back I think.

Update - I tried with an android phone, and it also disconnected. This was an indoor flight at room temperature (to also test at the same time if it was something to do with overheating/the Dubai summer heat of outside).

The drone is now back at the dealer, along with my ipad mini 2, in the hope that they can fix it.

In the meantime, I still haven't heard back from DJI, having sent them 2 emails, and a 24/7 live chat rep saying they "should have a fix for this in 3 days" (this was over a week ago LOL).

Hi All,

So, I have got the p3p back from the dealer. They gave me a new controller, and after one test flight it appears to have helped somewhat.

There were no disconnections, but the live feed to the ipad did scramble a lot towards the end of the flight - it would flash black and then slowly come back to me bit by bit from the top of the screen to the bottom inch by inch, and then go black again; this cycle repeated. I also found that the ipad was getting very very hot - however no warning of overheating messages came up.

I have tried to order the short Anker cable, but when i get to the check out on Amazon it says it cant deliver to the UK :-( So i went to the mall and bought the best i could find which unfortunately was only a 0.5m apple one. It's shorter than the one that comes with it, but not as good as the Anker. I did use that in the test so maybe it helped.

To help with the scrambling, I would like to set the live stream to the ipad to a crapper quality, does anyone know how i do that?

Also, do you think i should have hardware decode enabled or disabled? There is some debate on this for the ipad mini 2 which is what i use.

Many thanks for all your help,

Paul

Hi All,

So, I have got the p3p back from the dealer. They gave me a new controller, and after one test flight it appears to have helped somewhat.

There were no disconnections, but the live feed to the ipad did scramble a lot towards the end of the flight - it would flash black and then slowly come back to me bit by bit from the top of the screen to the bottom inch by inch, and then go black again; this cycle repeated. I also found that the ipad was getting very very hot - however no warning of overheating messages came up.

I have tried to order the short Anker cable, but when i get to the check out on Amazon it says it cant deliver to the UK :-( So i went to the mall and bought the best i could find which unfortunately was only a 0.5m apple one. It's shorter than the one that comes with it, but not as good as the Anker. I did use that in the test so maybe it helped.

To help with the scrambling, I would like to set the live stream to the ipad to a crapper quality, does anyone know how i do that?

Also, do you think i should have hardware decode enabled or disabled? There is some debate on this for the ipad mini 2 which is what i use.

Many thanks for all your help,

Paul

You need to have hardware decode on for mini 2 or are your picture will scramble. It is the ipad air that has the issue from memory

Last edited:
I use an ipad air2 on ios 8.1 for ipad it keeps saying there is a far newer ios version to update to but i thought no just leave it and i not up to now had any issues with dji pilot
just what i have experienced

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj