Anyone using Headplay FPV Goggles?

Are you talking about using an hdmi splitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES. I ordered it on Amazon. I got a DCHP compatible one (more expensive) in case I have to repurpose it. Wx on east coast has been very poor; haven't flown with it yet, believe it will work based on ground testing.

So all of you so far say you like these head play goggles? I just got my hdmi module last week and installed it. I'm looking for some cheaper but decent quality goggles to use for the hdmi output.. Would you guys recommend me to buy these for starters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want to try something different, go on YouTube and research "Cheap VR glasses for drones" Believe Tom's Tech Time did it You get cheap VR box and use your phone for VR, and voila. Blv it may require Litchi, but I'm already using that.

Hi Optor,
Give this a thought. My wife and I fly with the new Samsung Galaxy 9.7 inch Tab S2. (tablet). It is a beautiful crisp display with wonderful bright colors. Then we use the "Hoodman" shade with the extension so that your eyes (and glasses) are abut 12 to 13 inches away from this display. It shuts out 100% of the outside sunlight, but you can still control your tablet. I run the display at full brightness when flying, so that when I want to land, I can just look "outside the Hoodman" and my eyes are already adapted to sunlight. I can see detail like even power-lines as I fly 50 or 100 feet above them. It is somewhat bulky, but it is definitely worth it for enjoying FPV while shooting videos in the distance. We just finished a 6 week camping and Jeeping trip to Colorado where we flew many flights between 12,000 and 13,300 feet AMSL (above mean sea level). We were always within 400 feet of the ground.

Search for Samsung Tab S2, and for "Hoodman shade" or see the links below.
Really happy with the video image.

See:

Drone Aviator hood kit for iPad mini (includes HAV1 & HAV1E) - HAV1KIT in Drones, Phones and Tablet (the ipad hoodman fits the Samsung tab perfectly)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 - 9.7" - 64GB Black SM-T810NZKEXAR - Best Buy

I have also set up a bright 10.1 inch TFT LCD display (from China) using the HDMI output card from our Phantom 3 Pro. This allows my wife to guide me with camera instructions when I am flying, and visa versa.
Cheers,
Joe
KC7GHT
So, does that come with the mount? II would need a HAV2 hood.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik