Headplay from RangeVideo

Reaction score
There have been many reviews of the Headplay system for FPV flying. And I felt now that I have had the time to use them I would share my thoughts. I did a review which I will give the link to at the end. I talk about using this with the Solo and Parrot but it can be a perfect fit with the Phantom 3 HDMI option. I also use it on my Phantom 2 with a 5.8Ghz Transmitter.

I had a few reasons for wanting this system. First to use on some of my aircrafts like the 3DR Solo and Parrot Bebop. These two have an HDMI output directly on the Controller which allows me to use the HDMI mode on the Headplay. It gives me the FPV through the headset rather than having to look at the screen. This is great especially when the Sun it bright. Also if someone is there with me I can let them get a great look as if they are up inside the craft looking down.

And of course they do have the 5.8Ghz receiver which is fantastic for those that have a transmitter already mounted as I do on many of my other Drones.

RangeVideo has Now added the Racing Frequencies giving the Headplay 40 Channels which is great if you are going to start racing. And just to mention in case there are some negative posts about the bluescreen, This has been corrected and no longer an issue.

You will see in my review I mention about people that use reading glasses as I do, and a workaround that makes the display perfectly clear and sharp.

As always everyone has their own opinion on what is the best, but for around $250 USD I don't see how you can go wrong. And for those of you that fly something that has the ability to output to HDMI you now have a solution to get that great feeling of being in the sky looking down!

Here is my review if anyone would like to see. And I would truly appreciate it if you would Subscribe and share my videos.

Grandpa Jake :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1