anyone used ipad2 with pilot app successfully?

Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has successfully use dji pilot app on iPad2. I know app store says it is not compatible but it can be installed on ipad using thirdparty softwares like iTools.
I have phantom 3 pro but my iPad2 always say disconnected with pilot app when I connect and run the app. I am not using genuine cable for iPad2 and therefore I want to know if anyone has any success of doing this?

Last edited:
Well, you can run the DJI Pilot application on the iPad 2. But, the performance is not going to be good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is also an iPad 2 :)

i was able to install on my iPad3 but it doesn't recognize the phantom3p when I power it up. I'm using apple cable. I'm pretty sure the 30pin connector on the iPad3 has a different pin-out/signal from the newer skinny cables on the iPad4, mini, etc so I bet it won't work..

So I have actually tried it. I installed the DJI pilot app on an iPad 2 ( not an iPad mini 2 or iPad Air 2). When I launched the DJI Pilot app, I believe I got the same message (disconnected). I only did it to see if it would work and it did not. I still have the app installed on the iPad 2 so that I can look at my recorded flights that I sync to the cloud.

But even if you did get it to work, the video quality will be either terrible or non existent. I say this because I have flown my P3 with an iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 plus, Galaxy Tab 10.4 (or whatever is called), Motorola Droid 4, and a Motorola Xoom.

The older the device, the worst the quality was. I believe the quality was really bad due to the old processors used on older devices and not being able to handle the video feed.

With the Motorola Xoom, the screen was black always even though I was connected and had good signal. With the Droid 4, I was able to see some video, but was cutting out every second. With the other three devices, it worked fine.

So my advice to you is to not even bother trying to get it to work (if even possible). You will not be able to update the app using the app store if you install it using iTools. You will get the same error that you get now (not supported). And also, if you do manage to get it to connect, the video quality will probably so bad, you'd be taking a risk flying the P3 with it.

Thanks for this thread. I have an iPad2 I was planning to use for this purpose but I see now it's time to upgrade to a better more recent tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.