Anyone use the Trackimo GPS tracker?

I filed a claim with Paypal for the remaining 7 months of so-called service and it was ruled in my favor. As far as I know Trackimo didn't even contest my claims.

I finally got a replacement battery a couple of days ago. It works good with the new battery. The one they sent me with the unit was dead and wouldn't take a charge.

How you like the find your drone on the djigo4 app. Seems like it works good for me so far.
Trouble with the Find My drone in DJI is it's only the last reported communication. If the bird goes out of comm and flies 300 yards away and crashes your DJI app is going to report it's location as the last comm point. Bit of false sense of security there IMHO.

Trouble with the Find My drone in DJI is it's only the last reported communication. If the bird goes out of comm and flies 300 yards away and crashes your DJI app is going to report it's location as the last comm point. Bit of false sense of security there IMHO.
Yeah, I hear that. Possibly head out to its last good communication loc. and re-acquire signal (if is still alive), then track it down. Practicing a scenario such as this would be a good idea. Anybody near Fort Collins?

Reactions: natedecker585
Yeah, I hear that. Possibly head out to its last good communication loc. and re-acquire signal (if is still alive), then track it down. Practicing a scenario such as this would be a good idea. Anybody near Fort Collins?
Yeah, but if you look at a lot of the crash threads seems our birds like to eject their batteries on impact. For me the beauty of the Trackimo/Marco Polo solutions is the total independence of the solution from the drone or it's control. Not saying your idea isn't viable - it certainly is, but when you're looking at backup solutions you want that solution as independent as possible.

Yeah, but if you look at a lot of the crash threads seems our birds like to eject their batteries on impact. For me the beauty of the Trackimo/Marco Polo solutions is the total independence of the solution from the drone or it's control. Not saying your idea isn't viable - it certainly is, but when you're looking at backup solutions you want that solution as independent as possible.

I'm with you. I purchased a Trackimo, battery was DOA on arrival and would not take a charge. I sent it back for a full refund (Amazon). Been thinking about re-investigating drone trackers anew. I expect to find that Trackimo is still the best solution for the kind if flying I do. I'm hoping that either DJI Go or Litchi find your drone features will bail me out in the interim :)

My app quit a few weeks ago. Launch it and it says "dashboard failed to load". This happened on both my android phone and tablet. I tried reinstalling, same deal. I installed the app on my ipad and it works, but my ipad is wifi only.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl